The other games today 2018/19

Greg

It’s interesting listening to the different views on the Ramos/Salah incident.  After seeing 1 replay of it during the game i thought it was pretty clear and obvious that Ramos deliberately locked his arm in to drag him down.  What he hoped to achieve from it is anyone’s guess.  He is a known shithouse though, so i’d say at the very least he wanted to piss Salah off to try and get a reaction from him.

as stated below my view is that he just didn't want him jumping straight back up and doing something quick, it was proper defending...no intention to hurt him whatsoever but he could get away with dragging him to the ground and halting a possible breakaway

that's about all there is to it imo

Christ, more than 400,000 people have signed a petition for retrospective action on Ramos.

make him say sorry that Salah leaning & pushing on him made him fall over, imo

Public apology at the Anfield gates

Gutted at the loss but overall proud of the campaign.

Our gameplan went out of the window with Salah. Madrid defenders placed themselves at least 20 feet in front and started controlling the game.

Karius - feel for him. But there is no way he should start for LFC next season.

Having said that, even if the above two incidents did not happen, I think Madrid would have found a way to win. They found a way to win at champions of France, Germany, and Italy. They have too much European nous, too much firepower in the bench. Their midfield was at a whole different level compared to ours.

Guest Howaythetoon

You have to feel for Karius, but LFC have to be ruthless if they are to win the biggest trophies in the way Fergie was at Man Utd. Those mistakes are unnaceptable at this level and cost them the match or made it extremely difficult to recover from. Even after Salah went off, they were in the game and probably the better team even if marginally. Madrid though man, just a machine in this competition and hats off to Zidane, mentally his team is strong even if not at its best in terms of an XI.

Christ, more than 400,000 people have signed a petition for retrospective action on Ramos.

make him say sorry that Salah leaning & pushing on him made him fall over, imo

Public apology at the Anfield gates

Scousers playing the victim. Wonders never cease.....

I thought it was started by an Egypt fan?

No way where Liverpool the better team after Salah went off.

Liverpool looked dangerous from corners and Mane. That was it.  From the injury Marcelo basically went to left wing, left Ramos by himself and they caused Liverpool big problems. 

Bale scores 63rd minutes. Karius throws it In the net 87.  I don’t think Liverpool had a single chance in that period.

:lol: there's no way he's gonna actively try and dislocate someone's shoulder. It was the other shoulder anyway, not the locked one. This is getting blown out of proportion in such a ridiculous way.

Yup 100%. Ramos is a dickhead there's no doubt about that, but he didn't do much wrong in this incident. Unfortunate for the player and the team but that's about it.

On Ramos, find it weird people are discussing the Salah incident at length, but practically ignoring him elbowing Karius minutes before the first goal. :lol:

Probably because he was actually pushed by Van Dijk into Karius (took me a few replays to spot).

Our gameplan went out of the window with Salah. Madrid defenders placed themselves at least 20 feet in front and started controlling the game.

Having said that, even if the above two incidents did not happen, I think Madrid would have found a way to win. They found a way to win at champions of France, Germany, and Italy. They have too much European nous, too much firepower in the bench. Their midfield was at a whole different level compared to ours.

Hard luck man. It was a brilliant campaign and run to the final but maybe not yet up there with the very best. The front 3 look incredible, now it's time to work on the rest behind them. Some promising transfers so it's all looking good.

Hard luck man. It was a brilliant campaign and run to the final but maybe not yet up there with the very best. The front 3 look incredible, now it's time to work on the rest behind them. Some promising transfers so it's all looking good.

Yup. After a few days, have to hold my hands up and say, Madrid deserved the win. Klopp did a brilliant job getting us to the final but this was one step too far.

Madrid team is too good. We bought on Lallana, they bought on Bale. Also Zidane, he might not be the greatest tactically but kudos to him for the mentality he has ingrained in his team. They can graft when they need to graft, play when they need to play. I don't think they had any doubts in their mind that they were going to win the cup - all of that is due to him.

Also a special mention to their midfield particularly Modric. He is not getting enough attention due to the Bale goal. He was critical to the way they overcome the press. Schooled our midfield trio.

Yup. After a few days, have to hold my hands up and say, Madrid deserved the win. Klopp did a brilliant job getting us to the final but this was one step too far.

Madrid team is too good. We bought on Lallana, they bought on Bale. Also Zidane, he might not be the greatest tactically but kudos to him for the mentality he has ingrained in his team. They can graft when they need to graft, play when they need to play. I don't think they had any doubts in their mind that they were going to win the cup - all of that is due to him.

Also a special mention to their midfield particularly Modric. He is not getting enough attention due to the Bale goal. He was critical to the way they overcome the press. Schooled our midfield trio.

Saw Croatia play a couple of years ago. He was so far ahead of anyone else on the pitch it was ridiculous. He's improved so much.

Guest Howaythetoon

It was probably a game too far in the competition for Liverpool in the end. Madrid are just in that phase of being able to win these kind of Finals even without being at their best as a 11 or in terms of a performance. That said, if Salah stays on and the ‘keeper doesn’t make those mistakes, they were there to be beaten and Liverpool were and are more than capable as they have shown all season really. Game of ifs and buts as ever with Finals.

If I was a Red I’d be kind of worried that Klopp has lost so many Finals, 3 in succession now at Liverpool alone, but that’s for another day. You play for me the best football in the game at the moment and yous are 2-3 players away from winning things and competing for the title properly.

I have no affinity with Real Madrid, but I love Zidane who is proving himself to be a very good coach/manager. It helps that he’s at Madrid and a legend, but his success is no fluke, he obviously has something about him. I think certain people are just winners and he is one of them along with a good number of his team.

I also love Klopp, or rather his philosophy, style and do hope he succeeds because the game needs more managers like him and teams that play great football.