The other games today 2018/19

Greg

It appears like a bad decision because Rafa hasn't been allowed to bring in his first choice striker for the past 2 seasons. Wonder if people would as bothered if Alassane Plèa or someone else who was priority target was banging them in in b&w.

Guest firetotheworks

Comes down to who you trust - Rafa or Mitrovic. I know who my money is on.

Even great managers can be wrong time to time. Here’s one of them.

Playing well in Fulham's team doesn't equate to playing well in ours. We're completely different teams with different styles of play and tactics. Rafa himself has explained this like, I dunno why it's ignored in favour of this simple 2+2=5 thing.

It appears like a bad decision because Rafa hasn't been allowed to bring in his first choice striker for the past 2 seasons. Wonder if people would as bothered if Alassane Plèa or someone else who was priority target was banging them in in b&w.

People were writing him off at 21-22. Even though he was erratic and missed chances there was clearly something in there. You can pay £50-60m on a striker and not guarantee a 20 goal a season return yet we look like we’ve let someone go who if not already there now, probably will be in a few years time for half of that. I love Rafa but I think considering he knows what he’s working under, not to be able to fit Mitrovic in to what’s a pretty pathetic frontline was a big error on his part.

Guest neesy111

Comes down to who you trust - Rafa or Mitrovic. I know who my money is on.

Even great managers can be wrong time to time. Here’s one of them.

This, all managers make mistakes and sometimes big one's.

People were writing him off at 21-22. Even though he was erratic and missed chances there was clearly something in there. You can pay £50-60m on a striker and not guarantee a 20 goal a season return yet we look like we’ve let someone go who if not already there now, probably will be in a few years time for half of that. I love Rafa but I think considering he knows what he’s working under, not to be able to fit Mitrovic in to what’s a pretty pathetic frontline was a big error on his part.

:thup:

100 %.

Mitro is so much better than our forwards, he's a constant threat, he's mobile and he's all over the pitch. Rotten decision by Rafa.

Mobile and all over the pitch: He never was for us tbf. Watched him at the world cup and the best you could say was thst he trotted around the pitch. Wi s a lot in the air...

Guest firetotheworks

So Rafa's lying then aye?

[emoji38] What are you on about?

Both Rafa and Mitrovic have said that he didn't work in our system/didn't follow instructions. I'd like to know how we could have got more out of him without changing our overall style and throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

Admit I was right about Wolves ASAP KaKa. I respect a man who can admit he was wrong

I've watched them a couple of times and I really like them, a lot. Hats off to you sir.

Did not think Moutinho would look as good as he has as he's a bit older now. Their 3-4-2-1 helps a lot, as he doesn't have to cover too much ground.

I really like their striker Jimenez too. Not sure he's a pure goal scorer, but I really like his work rate and all around play.

Admit I was right about Wolves ASAP KaKa. I respect a man who can admit he was wrong

I've watched them a couple of times and I really like them, a lot. Hats off to you sir.

Did not think Moutinho would look as good as he has as he's a bit older now. Their 3-4-2-1 helps a lot, as he doesn't have to cover too much ground.

I really like their striker Jimenez too. Not sure he's a pure goal scorer, but I really like his work rate and all around play.

:thup: Yeah, he's been better than I thought, the system is favourable and Neves gets through a ton of work.

Same, really like his movement. Doubt he will ever be massively prolific but he's a huge handful. Rafa would love him.

Yup, we can only dream though. Cost over £20 million right?