Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle United - 28/01/18

Disco

Wish Rafa would set up to have a go, i know we're limited but this is just embarrassing surrender.

It's a cup, what does it matter if we lose trying to get back in it, to keep the score down as your plan in a knockout competition, dreadful from Rafa, the players and Mike Ashley can go jump in airplane engine the c***.

Basically this. The  formation and way were set up is just asking to get beat.

Look at Newport, Wigan and Notts County yesterday they had a go and Wigan best west ham and Notts co and Newport got a draw

I don't mean go kamikaze just give it a go. Rafa with the set up and mentality and the players with their effort deserve stick, utterly dreadful stuff.

I talking about this game, not all the games and it doesn't mean i don't still love Rafa like.

We'll get howked playing any other way though is the reality. Don't have the likes of Cabaye or Cisse or dare I say it, Ben Arfa to pull something out when needed.

Have Newport got more quality than us like?  Did Norwich have a few weeks back?  Pointless setting up like this in a cup game.  Have a go.

Pretty near the middle of the goal like. Darlow's absolutely nowhere near it.

What?

It's a great freekick, Darlow is marking the opposite side of his goal, a perfectly reasonable position to take up - nothing he can do about it if the player is able to get it up and over with pace.

:thup:-ish An actual good keeper might've got a hand to it, but I can't really fault Darlow on this one. No-one else in our menagerie of keepers would've got anywhere near it.

I cant even be arsed to blame Ashley, the players not being good enough lack of investnent etc.

At least no matter what the situation, just fucking try, have a go.

Its a cup,teams from the lowest leagues in the country have a go.

Newport.

This team today has no excuses. They just cant be arsed to try and compete.

Boring.

We conceded both our goals from trying to press Chelsea, play in their half and build attacks. The second goal especially was gross incompetence by a player of ours with the ball at their feet....I don't think we've exactly been negative about it. We're just absolute shit.

Anyone who looked at that line up and felt positive was just kidding themselves.

Why’s Rafa brining Atsu and Murphy on now when the game is lost? No point risking them to injury in a game that’s already over. He should have bought them on at 1 or even 2 nil when we were still in the game. Infuriating, man.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing total and utter disgrace abysmal performance yet again

Give over, man. [emoji38]

Hey man get out of Benítez arse man will you that is utter shit

I'm getting a serious amount of mileage out of this post, like.

The Venn diagram of people who make shite points about Rafa Vs people who can't formulate proper sentences is just a circle.

I'm convinced more than ever now that our relegation depends 100% on what happens on the transfer front in the next couple of days.

Wish Rafa would set up to have a go, i know we're limited but this is just embarrassing surrender.

It's a cup, what does it matter if we lose trying to get back in it, to keep the score down as your plan in a knockout competition, dreadful from Rafa, the players and Mike Ashley can go jump in airplane engine the c***.

Basically this. The  formation and way were set up is just asking to get beat.

Look at Newport, Wigan and Notts County yesterday they had a go and Wigan best west ham and Notts co and Newport got a draw

Aye.

Utter rubbish man :lol: We were set up well enough in the first half, just have no quality at all. Second half, Chelsea go in with a 2-0 lead and just kill the game off with ease because they are so much better than us.

Set up so well we were 2-0 down at HT . How are we expected to create chances and have shots at goal with 1 AM behind a striketr away at Chelses

Benetiz is a great manager but like Ashley/Charnley and the players hes not immune from criticizm.

Guest alijmitchell

Yeah I can't even be arsed to argue, but today has been a shit show from everyone at the club. Still I have absolutely no desire to see anyone other than Rafa in charge. It has been a shit day though.

We'll get howked playing any other way though is the reality. Don't have the likes of Cabaye or Cisse or dare I say it, Ben Arfa to pull something out when needed.

Have Newport got more quality than us like?  Did Norwich have a few weeks back?  Pointless setting up like this in a cup game.  Have a go.

I honestly don't know. There's definitely something wrong in the balance of the team. Norwich certainly didn't look as lethargic and toothless as we seem to, on that showing at least.

Guest firetotheworks

Pretty near the middle of the goal like. Darlow's absolutely nowhere near it.

What?

It's a great freekick, Darlow is marking the opposite side of his goal, a perfectly reasonable position to take up - nothing he can do about it if the player is able to get it up and over with pace.

Just saying what I see, the ball ends up in the middle of the goal from a free kick. I get that he's covering that side but it looks odd to me, regardless of whether he's at fault or not.

Newport.

Boring.

When the attitude of 'do not achieve' permeates from the top, it's difficult not to be affected by it.

I don't condone it but when there is no drive for success within the club's hierachy, the players will respond accordingly. They don't give a flying fuck about NUFC, not like we do.

I'm convinced more than ever now that our relegation depends 100% on what happens on the transfer front in the next couple of days.

We won't get anyone in like. It's the same as every fucking window. Take the piss with other clubs and then leave it until the last few days and pump out self-pity propaganda about how we tried ever so hard but the prices just keep going up and up and it's too much for this poor little club to buy any one...

I cant even be arsed to blame Ashley, the players not being good enough lack of investnent etc.

At least no matter what the situation, just fucking try, have a go.

Newport.

Boring.

I love Rafa, but his insistence that the team have to be setup this way and always try the same thing is a bit tiresome. Someone needs to ask him why Newport tried to attack more than we do.