Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

45 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Dubs is good but did start slowly for us, needed to play his way into confidence and as such is never going to be ideal for being on the bench. Feel for him, was such an upgrade for us when he came in. 

His first game for us was his best game :lol: 

1 hour ago, TotalWar said:

If you were to watch the goal highlights from last season, the difference he makes when he returns to the side is patently obvious. When we had Darlow and woodman in goal at the start of last season, they were invisible, shots went in with only a vague leg or hand wafted at the ball, they were very reminiscent of Sunderland’s abysmal keepers last time they were in the championship as seen on sunderland til i die.

Pope is a class above though.

Only teams to score 2 or more past us were Man City and Spurs. He was really good. I don't think he'd have been Pope level but I think we'd still be up there in and around the top 6 if Dubravka was playing.

I have no idea why anyone would be delighted in his career not going well. He was an excellent servant for us, no moving to be second choice elsewhere was a bit daft but I can understand not being happy being replaced and seeking challenge elsewhere. The Man U move was daft, but I fear this and that terrible goal he conceded at the Euros will be how he is thought of and will indeed end up somewhere else below his actual ability

Yes he was generally great for us and should be remembered as such. A bargain signing at a time we desperately needed a solid GK and he kept us up with his performances.

I'll always think well of him for what he did here, and wish him well for the future. Going to Man U didn't ever seem sensible to me though, but that's his decision.

• 2 weeks later...

“And he will now provide further competition for Nick Pope, who kept his ninth league clean sheet of the season - the most in the Premier League - in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Leeds.”

Edited by Jack27

Someone floating the idea on Twitter of Dubravka to Leicester. Nice to dream that it might be part of some player plus cash deal for Tielemans or Maddison. 

Not sure they ever work. But if they are genuinely a bit skint. Then it would be a good way to get some money in and upgrade on the scarecrow they have in nets at the minute. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Someone floating the idea on Twitter of Dubravka to Leicester. Nice to dream that it might be part of some player plus cash deal for Tielemans or Maddison. 

Not sure they ever work. But if they are genuinely a bit skint. Then it would be a good way to get some money in and upgrade on the scarecrow they have in nets at the minute. 

Don’t keepers Only go for pennies these days?

Edited by Gawalls