Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

If he had left because he wanted to be first choice at another club then it would be hard to hold it against him based on his performances for the club in the last few years. But instead he chose to go and sit on another club's bench for the same money and gave a leaving message to the fans as though he had left to go be number 1 at Real Madrid when he was only on loan. I'm not sure where the sympathy for him comes from here. Man either has no ambition or is hugely delusional if he thought he'd be ousting De Gea when he couldn't oust Nick Pope.

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

After watching what Ben Foster said about us and how we treated and offered him a contract, boggles my mind that Dubs wanted out of the club so fast and to become a no.2 or not even that at another club. 

Must have missed this, what did Foster say? 

12 minutes ago, Peppe said:

Must have missed this, what did Foster say? 

Foster opened up on how Newcastle manager Eddie Howe was willing to meet his sizeable wage demands to bring him to St James' Park, after the Magpies were left light of options in goal following Martin Dubravka's loan departure to Manchester United and the injury suffered by Karl Darlow. However, the former West Brom shot-stopper decided against the move to Tyneside as it is a four-hour car journey from his family home in the Midlands, where he lives with his wife and two children.

Foster admitted the exciting project at cash-rich Newcastle "was really interesting to me" and confessed he was somewhat surprised when his lofty wage demands were met. However, he added: "I just didn't want to do it. The wrench of it was I'd have to move away from home and that would kill me.

"If I'm in an apartment in Newcastle away from my family by myself, I don't think people can understand, that's really hard to do. Especially at the age I am and everything I've got going on.

"It would be incredible [to work with Newcastle goalkeeper Nick Pope], Popey is the man. I love Nick Pope, their goalie coach [Adam Bartlett] is a top man, they've got a British core of players, the gaffer, I know for a fact if I'd have gone there I would have had an amazing time.

"The lads would have been brilliant and I would have buzzed off the stadium, the fans, all that kind of stuff. The overriding sinking feeling was I don't want to do this. That gut feeling, you know when people say you have to go with your gut feeling and I had this feeling deep down, I just don't want to do it."

Glad he didn't turn up here with his Youtube circus. 

Even as a number 2/3, I wouldn't want this fool here. I'd imagine him waving a GoPro around last season didn't help Watford. He'd rather people like/subscribe/comment than actually still care about his career. 

Watched enough of his Youtube stuff, and he's a boring idiot. Perfect vanilla platitudes. Like/Subscribe/Smash etc.

Video about him turning us down is the biggest opinion/take I've ever seen him give. 

Total Plonker. Hope Steve Bruce gives a call next week to come back at WBA. 

Edited by Nolberto Disco

15 hours ago, Nolberto Disco said:

Glad he didn't turn up here with his Youtube circus. 

Even as a number 2/3, I wouldn't want this fool here. I'd imagine him waving a GoPro around last season didn't help Watford. He'd rather people like/subscribe/comment than actually still care about his career. 

Watched enough of his Youtube stuff, and he's a boring idiot. Perfect vanilla platitudes. Like/Subscribe/Smash etc.

Video about him turning us down is the biggest opinion/take I've ever seen him give. 

Total Plonker. Hope Steve Bruce gives a call next week to come back at WBA. 

giphy.gif

On 16/09/2022 at 12:48, Inferior Acuña said:

Surely Dubravka's absence is just something to do with him being newly there and he'll move into being no.2 soon ???

So they're easing him in to a bench position? He was on the bench in the previous game, then was dropped from the squad entirely.

On 15/09/2022 at 22:19, huss9 said:

Foster opened up on how Newcastle manager Eddie Howe was willing to meet his sizeable wage demands to bring him to St James' Park, after the Magpies were left light of options in goal following Martin Dubravka's loan departure to Manchester United and the injury suffered by Karl Darlow. However, the former West Brom shot-stopper decided against the move to Tyneside as it is a four-hour car journey from his family home in the Midlands, where he lives with his wife and two children.

Foster admitted the exciting project at cash-rich Newcastle "was really interesting to me" and confessed he was somewhat surprised when his lofty wage demands were met. However, he added: "I just didn't want to do it. The wrench of it was I'd have to move away from home and that would kill me.

"If I'm in an apartment in Newcastle away from my family by myself, I don't think people can understand, that's really hard to do. Especially at the age I am and everything I've got going on.

"It would be incredible [to work with Newcastle goalkeeper Nick Pope], Popey is the man. I love Nick Pope, their goalie coach [Adam Bartlett] is a top man, they've got a British core of players, the gaffer, I know for a fact if I'd have gone there I would have had an amazing time.

"The lads would have been brilliant and I would have buzzed off the stadium, the fans, all that kind of stuff. The overriding sinking feeling was I don't want to do this. That gut feeling, you know when people say you have to go with your gut feeling and I had this feeling deep down, I just don't want to do it."

Ah, thanks 👍

He said he wants to play for a club that tries to win things. We were mainly bottom half of the league. Then out of the cups quickly.

If his short term goal was to move to a club to win things then going to Man U is a sideways step in my opinion.

Edited by BoSelecta

I’ve no ill will towards him but I went from being a fan that would’ve kept him as number 1 for this season to seeing him as a bit of a nobody. If he’d agitated for a move so he could play first team football, maybe somewhere like Leicester, I would’ve understood it. He’s chosen the path of Stuart Taylor though.

No vitriol from me, but he's shafted himself royally, going from our cup keeper to backup backup at a thoroughly faded club. A bizarre choice, and one that makes his next choice to either drop down a division, move abroad, or retire. There's no chance of a return here - the bridge was nuked on the way out.

A sad end for a good player, but self inflicted.

He's earned a lot of money though, so I'm sure he'll be fine.

• 4 weeks later...