Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Be very surprised if they pay 6 million to keep him, but considering there's only 13 league games until the January window, and we can recall him if need be, it could be worse. Leaves us in an awkward situation in January though because if we go out and get a backup keeper, there's still every chance he returns in May and we have a load of keepers. Most likely, we'll just stick with Darlow until summer and then Dubs comes back. Man U have got the better deal here - if we activate the recall clause then it'll be in the transfer window so they can just find another backup.

Edited by ohmelads

4 hours ago, ohmelads said:

Be very surprised if they pay 6 million to keep him, but considering there's only 13 league games until the January window, and we can recall him if need be, it could be worse. Leaves us in an awkward situation in January though because if we go out and get a backup keeper, there's still every chance he returns in May and we have a load of keepers. Most likely, we'll just stick with Darlow until summer and then Dubs comes back. Man U have got the better deal here - if we activate the recall clause then it'll be in the transfer window so they can just find another backup.

Not if we activate it at 10:55pm on deadline day….👀

On 02/09/2022 at 02:25, ohmelads said:

If tge recall thing is true and we haven't exercised it when we've needed to, it seems, bearing in mind  we were linked with keepers as soon as Eddie came in.......I Dont think he fancied Dubs from the start.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

If tge recall thing is true and we haven't exercised it when we've needed to, it seems, bearing in mind  we were linked with keepers as soon as Eddie came in.......I Don think he fancied Dubs from the start.

Can’t exercise it until January.

9 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Dubs looked happy last night...

image.thumb.png.5c98eff19d10b4ac454a367b2a450fd7.png

Bet he thougth this was a match he was brought in to play.

Just have to be careful not to trigger the permanent clause. He can play in the final. 

On 09/09/2022 at 10:07, Kid Icarus said:

Every side of me would, he's a fucking divy 

Yup. No goodwill from me; guy threw a fit and forced a move to a more glamorous bench, leaving us short. Imagine if Darlow got his injury 2 weeks later than he did.

It’s petty but I’d find it hilarious if he doesn’t get a single game for them.