Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Big Dubs might only play League Cup for us. :lol: didn't even make the trip for tonight.

Wonder why even go through the trouble of the negotiations? Surely you lot have a reserve keeper that can play the League Cup and get some experience? Didn't Fergie do that all the time previously? Giving the young players a run out in the Coca-Cola Cup?

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

To be honest, the move ends up being great for us if Pope stays fit. We make money and may have a cheap but effective second keeper in Karius 

Minimal loan fee and no way will he play enough games to activate the permanent transfer. As for Karius, I'm certainly not too sure. Should have told Man Utd to fuck right off after January gone, as I always maintained. Mind I do think it's funny Dubravka sitting on the bench (or not even that) for his time down there. If you're not happy to play as a number 2, then why the fuck would you go to another club as a number 2 (or is that 3) and then not even be part of the competition you left to go for - so fuck him also. As the Man Utd fan said, they are the only ones to score from the deal. 

Edited by et tu brute

Well, it’s decent wages gone and a fee for a player that we’ll sell in the summer. I don’t think it’s a bad deal

for us financially. It could just affect us if Pope picks up an injury. If he doesn’t, it’s a good deal for us 

Just now, gbandit said:

Well, it’s decent wages gone and a fee for a player that we’ll sell in the summer. I don’t think it’s a bad deal

for us financially. It could just affect us if Pope picks up an injury. If he doesn’t, it’s a good deal for us 

Totally disagree, but of course you're entitled to your opinion. 

Just now, SEMTEX said:

I mean, he clearly didn't want to be here on our bench. Why would you want to force him to hang around?

There are literally thousands of players who are not happy being on the bench, but you don't see them all being transferred out. He also went from one bench to being on another (or maybe not even that in this case), so your point is moot.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Aw well. It's still great for us. 

Not if he decides sitting on the bench for Euefa games isn't what he signed up for. He looks a bit pissed off already. Think we're well shot of him personally.

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

There are literally thousands of players who are not happy being on the bench, but you don't see them all being transferred out. He also went from one bench to being on another (or maybe not even that in this case), so your point is moot.

The point isn't remotely moot.

He was ousted from his starting position and clearly wasn't Eddie Howe's preference in goalkeeper. This specific man didn't want to be on our bench, and decided he'd rather try his hand at Man Utd.

He's 33, he has played for us for 4 years, and he has never caused any controversy. Why would we not consider his wishes? Clearly Howe didn't rate him all that highly in the first place, so if he wanted to go, why hold him back? Take some cash, reduce the wage bill. It's not like we didn't have another passable reserve keeper in Darlow. Obviously he's injured right now, but wasn't exactly difficult to replace. We got some fella off the couch who is absolutely fine for reserve keeper.

After watching what Ben Foster said about us and how we treated and offered him a contract, boggles my mind that Dubs wanted out of the club so fast and to become a no.2 or not even that at another club. 

Edited by nufcjb

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Must be class Easyjetting to the arse end of Europe to sit on the bench against a bunch of divvies in a game where De Gea could have taken a library book out onto the field.

He's not travelled

49 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

The point isn't remotely moot.

He was ousted from his starting position and clearly wasn't Eddie Howe's preference in goalkeeper. This specific man didn't want to be on our bench, and decided he'd rather try his hand at Man Utd.

He's 33, he has played for us for 4 years, and he has never caused any controversy. Why would we not consider his wishes? Clearly Howe didn't rate him all that highly in the first place, so if he wanted to go, why hold him back? Take some cash, reduce the wage bill. It's not like we didn't have another passable reserve keeper in Darlow. Obviously he's injured right now, but wasn't exactly difficult to replace. We got some fella off the couch who is absolutely fine for reserve keeper.

Stick to my point I made, if he wanted first team football fair enough. He can enjoy being third choice now.

If Slovakia were going to the World Cup, I'm sure Dubs would have found himself a club in Europe - on a permanent. He's a good goalkeeper, he deservers to be number 1 somewhere. 

He's obviously been told by Eddie he's not going to be number 1. That's a standard move by any new manager, bringing in a their goalkeeper. - Pope.

I can only see that Man U are paying his existing contract, and a percentage above - plus a huge signing on fee, all for a loan.

Man U are offering you a load of money, you don't need to move schools/house/country. If you look at his background, he's gone gone from earning peanuts playing in Slovakia. He's a professional, but he's earning nothing. I've got more money working from 5 each morning, then travelling to play at shite like Ramsbottom - than playing in Slovakia, or even in Romania.

Moving to Newcastle England/Newcastle was a gold mine to him and his family. Moving to Man United is digging deeper into that goldmine. Fair play to the lad. 

We'd all like Dubs to play if Pope can't. We all wanted Woodman to be the next Given.