Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

we watched Dubravka for a few years and always knew he was like a Subbuteo keeper that is glued to his line. The guy is utterly shit and full of errors in my opinion and will cost us goals for the next 6 months if we dont get a short term keeper

Either play Karius or get De Gea on the plane for me

I did say 'if' he carries on like that. Hopefully just rustiness like but there were some very iffy signs. Didn't think he looked confident at all; no command of his area, ropey on shots, flappy on crosses.

Just now, BullyDogs said:

we watched Dubravka for a few years and always knew he was like a Subbuteo keeper that is glued to his line. The guy is utterly shit and full of errors in my opinion and will cost us goals for the next 6 months if we dont get a short term keeper

Either play Karius or get De Gea on the plane for me

Play someone levels below Dubravka :lol:

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Name me a team that will not have a drop off from a number 1 like that?

Yeah 100%. As I said it’s nobodies fault, just making the point that although I don’t think Dúbravka was at fault, you could feel the drop off

Just now, Vaj said:

Yeah 100%. As I said it’s nobodies fault, just making the point that although I don’t think Dúbravka was at fault, you could feel the drop off

He was poor at crosses especially early 2nd half although I didn't think we were defending crosses well all night, DCL is a handful in the air.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

He was poor at crosses especially early 2nd half although I didn't think we were defending crosses well all night, DCL is a handful in the air.

I thought we were really poor at stopping the crosses coming in as well.

I wish we had something in between Pope and Dubravka when it comes to crosses.

Pope has to come for everything possible and miss a fair bit or throw in a poor punch.

Dubravka loves his line, never leaves that line, it's his line and no one else's line. :lol:

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don’t think Dubravka was the/a problem tonight. 

Definitely not the main problem no but could have been more convincing with his attempts to save at the very least the third goal imo.

I thought he was ok. A bit flappy on crosses but at least he tried to come and get them. 

I think he was questionable for all of the goals but none were howlers. The first looked a great strike but on replay it was pretty central.  

I don’t think Pope concedes all 3. I think Pope might clear the 3rd before it’s a chance on goal. 

But I also think Pope is a level or two better than Dubs. 

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I think we have to sign De Gea if the alternative is 4 months of that. Need a bit of a keeper clear out mind if Pope gets injured and not one of them is fit to replace him.

Not every team is Everton with the 6 footers in every area of the pitch though. Not even sure how De Gea would help in that regard.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Not every team is Everton with the 6 footers in every area of the pitch though. Not even sure how De Gea would help in that regard.

It goes way beyond that. He’s a solid / mediocre keeper who won’t make saves like the other keepers in the top half. Look at the goals we conceded with him as recent as 2022. Pope gets to a lot of them.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Karius must be utter shite like. 

Yeah, that's why he got his contract extended this summer after being with the team since October or something last year.

Some absolute bullshit on display here. Pope has dropped a number of clangers way worse than anything Dubs did today. No way Pope saves the first or second. Third is 50/50.

But nah, let's go for the washed up has been who'll command higher wages than anyone else in the squad. That has worked wonders for other clubs in recent past and sure to galvanise the spirit in the dressing room.

Pope maybe has dropped a few clangers but his overall game suits us perfectly except for his distribution like. Dubravka don't do anything better except from kicking. That's the problem karius should be used to see what we potentially have after a run of games he could be better than dubs. 

Edited by andycap