Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

9 minutes ago, Beth said:

Pope is the least of our problems.

If he's got a weakness with his shoulder and the backups are shite (plus he'd not been the same for a while either), then it's still a big problem.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure there’s a poorer profile of keeper for the type of football we play

Baffling we've stuck to it when it's clear he doesn't suit it.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

liability since the howlers at International level. Pope cant come back soon enough. 

All of our keepers bar Pope need to go this summer. 

He did seem to really suffer after some howlers in the Euros or WC. I want to say against Spain? Did he have an injury, as well. Or have I imagined the injury?

Feel a bit sorry for him to a point for the first. Awful defending and no pressure on the ball in midfield. If he came flying out and didn’t get there. He’d get stick from fans for it. But not sure back peddling and giving Antonio all the time in the world to make a decision was the best idea. Starting position must have been questionable, again. 

The second I think a better keeper saves it. Gets a strong hand to it. 

The third he was dreadfully exposed. So it’s hard to criticise. But again. Never seems to do anything for one on ones to force the attacker into a decision. Just retreats until they’re set and then they shoot. 

Howe’s tactics and also the team in front of him are equally to blame. As the fact we keep playing this way with a keeper scared to come off his line is just suicidal.

But I’m now at the point where I’d rather see Karius. If we really are going to keep on like this. As there is acres in behind our back 4 every week and Dubs is always in no man’s land. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If he's got a weakness with his shoulder and the backups are shite (plus he'd not been the same for a while either), then it's still a big problem.

I think the ‘not been the same for a while’ thing has been massively overplayed. He had that massive howler against Liverpool and was caught out against West Ham earlier in the season. But I just didn’t see a drop off in form or quality in general. 

Just the usual heart attacks whenever he had the ball at his feet and time standing still when he came out to sweep :lol: I think the latter has been amplified since the Liverpool fuck up. Fans are understandably less confident. But he still kept on being proactive. 

The shoulder worries me. Same one he’s already done and I have heard his recovery is taking longer than planned. 

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

He did seem to really suffer after some howlers in the Euros or WC. I want to say against Spain? Did he have an injury, as well. Or have I imagined the injury?

Feel a bit sorry for him to a point for the first. Awful defending and no pressure on the ball in midfield. If he came flying out and didn’t get there. He’d get stick from fans for it. But not sure back peddling and giving Antonio all the time in the world to make a decision was the best idea. Starting position must have been questionable, again. 

The second I think a better keeper saves it. Gets a strong hand to it. 

The third he was dreadfully exposed. So it’s hard to criticise. But again. Never seems to do anything for one on ones to force the attacker into a decision. Just retreats until they’re set and then they shoot. 

Howe’s tactics and also the team in front of him are equally to blame. As the fact we keep playing this way with a keeper scared to come off his line is just suicidal.

But I’m now at the point where I’d rather see Karius. If we really are going to keep on like this. As there is acres in behind our back 4 every week and Dubs is always in no man’s land. 

Worhout looking, the euros where eriksen had a heart attack? 

Karius is probably slightly worse like, though with a run of games may have improved beyond dubs sat this point.

Just now, Dokko said:

Worhout looking, the euros where eriksen had a heart attack? 

Karius is probably slightly worse like, though with a run of games may have improved beyond dubs sat this point.

Yeah. I’m not saying I rate Karius. But always more proactive off his line at Liverpool from memory. So the trade off could be worth it? 

Hard to judge on his two games here. Thought he was ok in the cup final. Crap against Arsenal. But they all were, in fairness. 

Nearly had a head loss when he flapped at the cross towards end, thankfully Soucek somehow missed an open goal. Just proper crap goalkeeping. 

We score well, but just conceding far too many. Going to end season scoring more goals than the champions at this rate :D 

Edited by Sibierski

Not sure what people see when they say he’s a good shot stopper. He isn’t good at anything anymore. He used to be a good shot stopper but weak in other departments.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. I’m not saying I rate Karius. But always more proactive off his line at Liverpool from memory. So the trade off could be worth it? 

Hard to judge on his two games here. Thought he was ok in the cup final. Crap against Arsenal. But they all were, in fairness. 

Give Gillespie a game. I'd rather invest in the unknown than the known sub par quality (how I see it with burn as well)

I'd be very surprised if it's anything other than Pope first choice Dubravka second choice next season. The next goalkeeper we spend proper money on will be Pope's replacement, but that'll probably be against the rules this summer.

We could really do with a capable stopper coming through the academy given Karius is on his way. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'd be very surprised if it's anything other than Pope first choice Dubravka second choice next season. The next goalkeeper we spend proper money on will be Pope's replacement, but that'll probably be against the rules this summer.

We could really do with a capable stopper coming through the academy given Karius is on his way. 

I think Dubravka will leave. I think he thinks he can be first choice somewhere on the continent and get one last decent contract

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think Dubravka will leave. I think he thinks he can be first choice somewhere on the continent and get one last decent contract

We could really do without losing two thirds of our goalkeeping department given everything else there is to do. :lol:

I'd keep karius as a number two behind pope. He's got a game closer to pope than dubs has, fuck knows why he persists with dubs when karius would save us a lot of the time with balls over the top of our shit slow defence. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I'd keep karius as a number two behind pope. He's got a game closer to pope than dubs has, fuck knows why he persists with dubs when karius would save us a lot of the time with balls over the top of our shit slow defence. 

He's already said he's going at the end of the season. I'd fuck Dubs off as well, Pope no 1 next season, bring a decent back up keeper in as no 2, keep Gillespie as 3rd choice and one of the academy keepers as 4th.

My problem with Dubs isn’t so much his ability which is obviously an issue in itself but more about how terribly suited he is to how we play. Our back up GK is rooted to his line while we play high up the pitch and have no recovery pace. It’s just a disaster for him to be our no. 2 while we play like that 

Just now, Beth said:

He's already said he's going at the end of the season. I'd fuck Dubs off as well, Pope no 1 next season, bring a decent back up keeper in as no 2, keep Gillespie as 3rd choice and one of the academy keepers as 4th.

If he was playing now for us I think he would stay it's probably because dubs is ahead of him that he feels might aswell leave and go to Italy. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

If he was playing now for us I think he would stay it's probably because dubs is ahead of him that he feels might aswell leave and go to Italy. 

I hope he gets a chance on Tuesday but Eddie seems loathe to make the change.

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think the ‘not been the same for a while’ thing has been massively overplayed. He had that massive howler against Liverpool and was caught out against West Ham earlier in the season. But I just didn’t see a drop off in form or quality in general. 

Just the usual heart attacks whenever he had the ball at his feet and time standing still when he came out to sweep :lol: I think the latter has been amplified since the Liverpool fuck up. Fans are understandably less confident. But he still kept on being proactive. 

The shoulder worries me. Same one he’s already done and I have heard his recovery is taking longer than planned. 

Brighton away he gifted them one. His kicking is generally woeful. 

Karius is going, I can't see us keeping Dubravka, an upgrade on Pope would make the world of difference. We've seen how much not having a sweeper keeper available the last 4 months has had. 

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Brighton away he gifted them one. His kicking is generally woeful. 

Karius is going, I can't see us keeping Dubravka, an upgrade on Pope would make the world of difference. We've seen how much not having a sweeper keeper available the last 4 months has had. 

As shit as it is to be talking about FFP yet again. But assuming he comes back from his injury ok. Can we really afford to be paying what, £20-£30m or more in the hope we find a better keeper than Pope. Whilst not losing the sweeper element and the fact he is a man mountain between the posts (goal, not bed). 

There are so many positions that need a starting quality player or competition ahead of a new first choice keeper. CB, CM, ST (possibly x 2), RW x 2. How much will that lot cost? 

Surely we would have much more of s chance getting a number 2/competition for Pope. Who is better suited and generally better than the others.  Must be some keepers on the continent, on a free or available on loan that have a better profile than those currently and wouldn’t cost a bomb. 

Bin off Dubravka and Karius. 

2 hours ago, duo said:

I don't think he made a save today - was awful

He’s as soft as fucking clarts as well. He was going wild after the third goal with the rest of the team as well, the audacity of the useless fucker. He’s the worst in the league by some distance. 

29 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

As shit as it is to be talking about FFP yet again. But assuming he comes back from his injury ok. Can we really afford to be paying what, £20-£30m or more in the hope we find a better keeper than Pope. Whilst not losing the sweeper element and the fact he is a man mountain between the posts (goal, not bed). 

There are so many positions that need a starting quality player or competition ahead of a new first choice keeper. CB, CM, ST (possibly x 2), RW x 2. How much will that lot cost? 

Surely we would have much more of s chance getting a number 2/competition for Pope. Who is better suited and generally better than the others.  Must be some keepers on the continent, on a free or available on loan that have a better profile than those currently and wouldn’t cost a bomb. 

Bin off Dubravka and Karius. 

Muric at Burnley could be a back up option to Pope and will be relatively cheap.

He was bought to replace Pope and has similar traits as a sweeper keeper.