Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

1 minute ago, mosstef said:

Aye, 34 ain't that old for a keeper.

I think it is more so these days ,

can’t think of many over 34 keepers in the prem - Lloris maybe - Leicester got rid of Kasper also 

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

I think it is more so these days ,

can’t think of many over 34 keepers in the prem - Lloris maybe - Leicester got rid of Kasper also 

Aye, they don't make them like they used to...

image.png.31d8fb174695da3483ecadceb892e1b3.png

43 when he played for Man City in the PL.

Edited by TK-421

Everyone has the same opinion on here, I’m sure it’s shared by the club and that this is down to Dubravka wanting game time and to play in Europe. Doesn’t mean we should take a shit offer, option to buy makes absolutely no sense 

Can only assume that with Howe saying it is out of his hands Dubravka and his agent are angling for the move. It doesn't make a great deal of sense from the club's perspective, but unlikely to keep him happy as No 2 in longer term.  

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

If he’s unhappy on our bench why does he want to go sit on Man Utd’s?

Probably gets more games there and more money, plus Man Utd still a huge draw for any player.

Edited by HTT II

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Probably gets more games there and more money, plus Man Utd still a huge draw for any player.

If he’s going on loan surely his wages will be the same?
Or can clubs pay more as an incentive?

I wonder if the story's of Dubs falling out with the backroom staff are true ? Howe seems like a lovely bloke but I can imagine some of his backroom team taking no shit and we all know what's coming if he gets on the wrong side of Lascelles. The transfer itself makes no sense to anyone but Man U so there must be another reason.

On 26/08/2022 at 11:26, Nexumaster said:

This one seems mental to me. You always need two good keepers, with the second choice playing the cups to make their case for the first team - that doesn't seem to be happening here... 

Not loving the idea of Darlow as back up, as good a servant as he's been. 

Same. Doesn't change the outlook of our overall goalkeeping situation with Dubravka leaving. How's Pope's injury record generally?

Pope has been great but Dubravka has never generally been anything but reliable. Didn't expect a goalkeeper to sign during the summer window unless there was going to be competition between them and Dubravka with Darlow being 3rd choice.

Edited by Amir_9