Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

15 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

this is crackers

Man Utd are expecting to have Dubs as a 2nd choice but people think Nufc should accept Darlow? Any fee has to cover buying a replacement, a loan makes zero sense.

Seems like the player is pushing this one through

Just now, Begbie said:

I understand that Dubravka wants to move to get 1st team football.  The most dissapointing thing is that he will be happy to sit on the bench in Manchester than at our club.

He probably gets Euro games in Manchester.

1 minute ago, Begbie said:

I understand that Dubravka wants to move to get 1st team football.  The most dissapointing thing is that he will be happy to sit on the bench in Manchester than at our club.

Getting a few games in the Europa here and there is probably what swung it. 

Playing for Man United is still a prestigious thing to have done. I know we can laugh and joke about their situation or say he might as well stay on our bench but if you were Newcastles number 2 and Man United came calling, of course it would be tempting to make a change.

I'm sure there would be financial sweetners, as well as Europa League football and if De Gea gets injured, he's their number 1. 

From our point of view, we need to make sure that it's financially worth while.

20 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Getting a few games in the Europa here and there is probably what swung it. 

Yes, I know he probably gets a few outings in Europa League, but he will know that if they reach the finals De Gea will play. Its still just the Europa League and not Champions League, If he went to one of the Champions League teams I would more understand it.

I hope we do what they did with Lindgard, just drag it out to the final hour and say sorry we cant find a replacement for him so his not for sale.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

"Can we have your 2nd choice keeper for free?" [emoji38]

It speaks to Man Utd’s sense of entitlement.

I’ve missed hating those cunts - proper hating them.  If we do manage to get back amongst the big boys, it’ll be nice to proper hate them again. 

Since they were spiteful little bitches with us, we absolutely should do the same back.

It's not like we'd even be doing it over someone with no value to us - playing our second choice keeper could be necessary and Dubravka is much better than Darlow.

Overall though, fuck em.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Since they were spiteful little bitches with us, we absolutely should do the same back.

It's not like we'd even be doing it over someone with no value to us - playing our second choice keeper could be necessary and Dubravka is much better than Darlow.

Overall though, fuck em.

I do agree, but I don’t think that’s how we operate, we are too professional these days and will consider every aspect of any deal, plus I think ultimately they will show respect to our player and Man Utd.

28 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I do agree, but I don’t think that’s how we operate, we are too professional these days and will consider every aspect of any deal, plus I think ultimately they will show respect to our player and Man Utd.

I guess there's an element of that, but we should at least demand £5m. I doubt we can replace him for less than that.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Playing for Man United is still a prestigious thing to have done. I know we can laugh and joke about their situation or say he might as well stay on our bench but if you were Newcastles number 2 and Man United came calling, of course it would be tempting to make a change.

I'm sure there would be financial sweetners, as well as Europa League football and if De Gea gets injured, he's their number 1. 

From our point of view, we need to make sure that it's financially worth while.

..and that we have a replacement lined up.  Worrying to go into the season as Darlow as back up.