Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/02/18 - Post-match reaction from pg34

Dave

Sky's commentary is shambolic.

The state of professional commentary/punditry is rank. I know everyone's never going to be happy but as a minimum it should be knowledgeable and fair.

Not just the commentary today. The amount of times they have just shown footage of the dugout and replays during key plays off the match is terrible.

Good half anyway, Kennedy so much better than anyone else we have in the final third. If Slimani is a similar level of upgrade up front I’ll be confident we can stay up.

Imagine Slimani instead of Gayle today and we lead by more imo.

Gonna have to get Murphy on for gayle. He's offering fuck all

Problem is that leaves Perez as the most obvious striker option and I fear he'd offer just as little in that role. Don't think Gayle has actually been that bad, anyway.

Quite lucky in the end to get to half time at 0-1. And quite surprised how chaotic we looked in defense.

Was begging for half-time; but the break gives us an opportunity to tighten up, and with pace and guile to bring off the bench, we're in a good position at the moment. First half an hour was as well as I've seen us all season, tbh - Perez and Kenedy linking up really well, Dummett doing his bit too.

From BBC's report:

Kenedy running the show and two assists in two games surely shows the Newcastle board that even the smallest amount of ambition to sign a decent player makes all the difference.

Who'd have thought it?