AFC Bournemouth vs Newcastle United - 24/02/18 @ 1500 - No TV

Ritchie can't be dropped after last game like.  Only change for me would be Slimani if he's fit but even that's harsh on Gayle after his performance.

Won't be fussed if there's no changes.

At this point where every game matters you have to pick the right players for any particular game.

If Rafa thinks that the best team to get a result is to not play Ritchie and Gayle then that's what he should do.

Besides it's a completely game, you can't really let a performance against Man Yoo dictate team selection especially when the players in question have rarely played like that.

Easy to say it now but I think Ritchie and Gayle was the right call for Man Yoo but I do wonder if against Bournemouth a different approach might be necessary.

Does this Lawro quote make any sense? Is everyone from 10th to bottom going down?

Everyone from 10th-placed Bournemouth downwards is in trouble, including Newcastle, and all of the teams involved would need to get on a run where they win, say, four out of five games to reach safety. I don't see it happening.

Guest firetotheworks

It's worded badly, but I sort of get what he means, that all of the teams involved won't go on runs of winning four or five. The 'I don't see it happening' bit is the bit that's stupid. It simply can't happen anyway because so many of the fixtures are teams in the bottom half playing each other.

Was his stupid statement not more directed towards Newcastle specifically though?  Meaning he couldn't see us going on a 4 - 5 game run of wins?

The way it is written can be interpreted in many ways, thick cunt that he is!

hopefully they come together again, we all thought Slim would be a part of today but we crack on , these could just about keep us up, hopefully it all means they bond even more.

howay me bonny lads  O0

Dubravka

Yedlin Lascelles Lejeune Dummett

Diame Shelvey

Ritchie        Perez          Kenedy

Gayle

This looks what might happen imo.

Dubravka

Yedlin Lascelles Lejeune Dummett

Diame Shelvey

Ritchie        Perez          Kenedy

Gayle