Your favourite and least favourite journalists/ pundits

joeyt

Yes - Shearer, Ian Darke, Jonathan Pearce, Ian Wright, Gary Neville, Kamara, Nicholas

No - Jenas, Murphy, Hartson, Henry

Chemically castrated - Lawrenson, Savage, Redknapp, Thompson, Carragher, Gerrard,

Only really liked Gary Lineker from MOTD, and Hansen funnily enough, even though he talked shite. Something about his black and white analysis delivered in that Scottish accent just seemed right at the time. Some decent enough journalists, I quite like Douglas along with Caulkin from our neck of the woods, and Henry Winter from further afield. Absolutely hate Martin Samuels the fat cunt.

Agree on Ray Hudson being awful. I know some think he's great but when a cross is being massively overhit and he's screaming "Magiccaaaaaaaaaaaalll" as it floats of play it all feels a bit stupid.  :lol:

I thought i'd get tired of it but his OTT ridiculous analogies haven't gotten old :lol:

Agree on Ray Hudson being awful. I know some think he's great but when a cross is being massively overhit and he's screaming "Magiccaaaaaaaaaaaalll" as it floats of play it all feels a bit stupid.  :lol:

He's an awful commentator but a great pundit imo. He's on the radio over here a lot and I pretty much agree with everything he ever says. Doesn't give af about defending, just wants to see some magic.

Guest Howaythetoon

Commentators: Dont rate any of them that highly really. Hated Mick Lowes with a passion. I like Rob Palmer mind. Hate Tyldsley and Drury. Do like Brackley and Champion as well.

Pundits: Shearer for me is the best and much improved. I like Ian Wright when he’s not talking about us. I like Gary Neville but his voice irritates me. I can’t stand Carragher, “JT”, Gerrard, Bellamy, the sky mob although Souness is decent and Le Tissier is as well. Quite like Jenas, again when he’s not talking about us. Henry is awful, says the obvious and waffles on. KK is a top pundit too as you would expect.

Hate with a passion Waddle, he’s the Pardew of punditry. He once criticised a finish of Shola’s in which he actually scored. Also hate Paul Merson.

I like Pat Nevin mind, probably up there with Shearer as a pundit.

Presenters: James Richardson is the daddy, Lineker, Collin Murray, Mark Chaplin, Gabby Logan, Stelling.

Journalists: Caulkin, Winter.

Probably missed out loads like, for and against.

Loved Pearce back in his channel 5 days ... he used to go ape shit all the time.... remember  years ago ireland were playing some team live on channel 5 he was commentating with Jackie  charlton ... matt holland scored  one from about 20 yards out ... he lost his mind  roaring and screaming  ... he's calmed down big time since he's been on motd....

Commentators: Dont rate any of them that highly really. Hated Mick Lowes with a passion. I like Rob Palmer mind. Hate Tyldsley and Drury. Do like Brackley and Champion as well.

Good shout. One of the best voices out there.

Loved Pearce back in his channel 5 days ... he used to go ape shit all the time.... remember  years ago ireland were playing some team live on channel 5 he was commentating with Jackie  charlton ... matt holland scored  one from about 20 yards out ... he lost his mind  roaring and screaming  ... he's calmed down big time since he's been on motd....

Back in the early days he did SWOS commentary as well which worked well.

He’s good for snippets - listen to Sven,Sven,Sven but can be a bit much over the 90

Loved Pearce back in his channel 5 days ... he used to go ape s*** all the time.... remember  years ago ireland were playing some team live on channel 5 he was commentating with Jackie  charlton ... matt holland scored  one from about 20 yards out ... he lost his mind  roaring and screaming  ... he's calmed down big time since he's been on motd....

Back in the early days he did SWOS commentary as well which worked well.

He’s good for snippets - listen to Sven,Sven,Sven but can be a bit much over the 90

I will always love him for his commentary of the Arsenal semi in 1991 for Capital Gold - the one with the Gazza free kick. My Dad still has it on tape. He was a terrific radio commentator: well-informed and genuinely enthusiastic.

In common with others, I have a lot of time for Henry Winter.

Lawrenson is being a grumpy old cunt on BBC Swansea game. Constantly trying to find something to moan at.

I’ve warmed to him recently. Since he’s been elbowed out by the new breed of pundits he doesn’t give a fuck any more. Just a miserable cunt that knows he’s run his race and is bitter about it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye really liked Lockwood, but my fave was whoever it was who commentated on our games in the early 90s on radio, I think it was for Metro. He wasn’t a Geordie I know that. I can’t remember his name...