Newcastle United 3-0 Southampton - 10/03/18 - post match euphoria from p14

Disco

Guest Howaythetoon

Special mention to Rafa, got it spot on today, just when it mattered  O0

If fit, we should start every game with that 11. Home and away.

Guest Howaythetoon

Give it a rest man, doubt there are my bashers or haters on here. Makes yourself look like a dick...

Guest Howaythetoon

Southampton deserve to be relegated for allowing Joselu to crack the cigars out. That touch after he came on was like hockling a f*** off grem on the back of their dignity.

He actually had a canny cameo. Good subs by Rafa I thought.

Just caught up with the thread, page 3 in particular is pretty pathetic. 1-0 up 25mins in and everyone moaning.

Good performance and a great win with three excellent goals scored and a clean sheet. Can't think of anyone that had a bad game. Wish we'd attacked more though. 4/10

Not sure why some were getting so triggered by meaningless possession. They didn't trouble us at all by that point, or all game, tbh.

Becuse we typically shoot ourselves in the foot in such situations. Even at 2-0 I thought we need a 3rd and maybe a 4th just to get the win over the line. Thankfully they were the worst team we’ve faced this season IMO, they offered nothing going forward. We still had to work hard though and every player had to do a job. I don’t like us allowing the opposition so much possession and especially against sides like this lot who are worse than us and had we went at them more, given we looked like scoring every time we went forward first half, we could have ran out 5 up or more. 3 points are all that matters though and overall there can be no complaints. Happy days!

A lot of our chances came from Southampton being sloppy in possession. The tactic worked perfectly fine, us having more possesion may not have resulted in us getting the same amount of chances

Or it may have, and maybe limited them even more than they were limited. Sorry but I dislike it immensely. Hate the way we set up and allow even s**** like them to have all the ball. We won though so no complaints really. I like some of our passages of play, lots of team play and movement and passing which makes it more worrying why we allow the opposition to have so much of the ball because we can clearly use it when we have it.

Our strength in recent weeks has been springing on teams on the counter attack with pace and a bit of guile. It allows our forward players a lot more space to play in.

If we had 65% possession or whatever today then we may have looked as limited as Southampton.  We had 55% possesion against Everton and didn't look anywhere near as good as we did today

Guest Howaythetoon

Just caught up with the thread, page 3 in particular is pretty pathetic. 1-0 up 25mins in and everyone moaning.

Good performance and a great win with three excellent goals scored and a clean sheet. Can't think of anyone that had a bad game. Wish we'd attacked more though. 4/10

Not sure why some were getting so triggered by meaningless possession. They didn't trouble us at all by that point, or all game, tbh.

Becuse we typically shoot ourselves in the foot in such situations. Even at 2-0 I thought we need a 3rd and maybe a 4th just to get the win over the line. Thankfully they were the worst team we’ve faced this season IMO, they offered nothing going forward. We still had to work hard though and every player had to do a job. I don’t like us allowing the opposition so much possession and especially against sides like this lot who are worse than us and had we went at them more, given we looked like scoring every time we went forward first half, we could have ran out 5 up or more. 3 points are all that matters though and overall there can be no complaints. Happy days!

A lot of our chances came from Southampton being sloppy in possession. The tactic worked perfectly fine, us having more possesion may not have resulted in us getting the same amount of chances

Or it may have, and maybe limited them even more than they were limited. Sorry but I dislike it immensely. Hate the way we set up and allow even s**** like them to have all the ball. We won though so no complaints really. I like some of our passages of play, lots of team play and movement and passing which makes it more worrying why we allow the opposition to have so much of the ball because we can clearly use it when we have it.

Our strength in recent weeks has been springing on teams on the counter attack with pace and a bit of guile. It allows our forward players a lot more space to play in.

If we had 65% possession or whatever today then we may have looked as limited as Southampton.

Do you know what, I never thought of it in that way so perhaps your’re right. I guess it’s just weird seeing your team allowimg the other team so much possession when 3-0 up and given how shit they were. I still think we can keep the ball better though regardless. Or rather I’d like to see us keep the ball better.

Guest Howaythetoon

Crumpy is probably sat at home mortified that a team he has supported for over 20 years who he spends thousands a year supporting, actually won. Don’t blame him mind... I’d be fucking devastated too!

Crumpy is probably sat at home mortified that a team he has supported for over 20 years who he spends thousands a year supporting, actually won. Don’t blame him mind... I’d be f***ing devastated too!

It's the worst Newcastle team to ever have beaten Southampton.

Guest Howaythetoon

Crumpy is probably sat at home mortified that a team he has supported for over 20 years who he spends thousands a year supporting, actually won. Don’t blame him mind... I’d be f***ing devastated too!

It's the worst Newcastle team to ever have beaten Southampton.

Worst Southampton team to have been beaten away to the worst Newcastle team to have ever beaten them...

:lol: That should be corrected to, '1-0 and everyone anxious as fuck after we miss two more gilt-edged chances' - a characteristic of all games where we've lost winnable points this season. You love that high horse, like.