Newcastle United 3-0 Southampton - 10/03/18 - post match euphoria from p14

Disco

Remember that from the days when you couldn't get a ticket so you'd be wandering around town during matches. Super stuff.

:thup: probably further back, but the noise of goals/a good performance drawing you back and Stan the steward letting us sneak in for last ten minutes (or whole second half on one occasion).

Fantastic win and performance. Was amazed at how bad Southampton are, they have some decent players. I personally rate Lemina but he had an absolute shocker and was hooked at half time. :lol:

Nee one put a foot wrong today, Gayle should've probably had a couple of goals but he put a good shift in so don't want to get on his back too much. 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 so good stuff. Kenedy was superb, would love to to get him permanently in the summer.

And I say this trough gritted teeth as he almost always fucks us over, but I thought Marriner had a decent game.

We'll stop up. 2 more wins? We'll do it.

Just caught up with the thread, page 3 in particular is pretty pathetic. 1-0 up 25mins in and everyone moaning.

Good performance and a great win with three excellent goals scored and a clean sheet. Can't think of anyone that had a bad game. Wish we'd attacked more though. 4/10

Just caught up with the thread, page 3 in particular is pretty pathetic. 1-0 up 25mins in and everyone moaning.

Good performance and a great win with three excellent goals scored and a clean sheet. Can't think of anyone that had a bad game. Wish we'd attacked more though. 4/10

To further that in what was happening during that period they passed the ball around a lot aimlessly in non-threatening areas and won a couple of FKs to play in dealt with easily.

Not sure why some were getting so triggered by meaningless possession. They didn't trouble us at all by that point, or all game, tbh.

Not sure why some were getting so triggered by meaningless possession. They didn't trouble us at all by that point, or all game, tbh.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Becuse we typically shoot ourselves in the foot in such situations. Even at 2-0 I thought we need a 3rd and maybe a 4th just to get the win over the line. Thankfully they were the worst team we’ve faced this season IMO, they offered nothing going forward. We still had to work hard though and every player had to do a job. I don’t like us allowing the opposition so much possession and especially against sides like this lot who are worse than us and had we went at them more, given we looked like scoring every time we went forward first half, we could have ran out 5 up or more. 3 points are all that matters though and overall there can be no complaints. Happy days!

Guest Howaythetoon

Fantastic win and performance. Was amazed at how bad Southampton are, they have some decent players. I personally rate Lemina but he had an absolute shocker and was hooked at half time. :lol:

Nee one put a foot wrong today, Gayle should've probably had a couple of goals but he put a good shift in so don't want to get on his back too much. 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 so good stuff. Kenedy was superb, would love to to get him permanently in the summer.

And I say this trough gritted teeth as he almost always f***s us over, but I thought Marriner had a decent game.

We'll stop up. 2 more wins? We'll do it.

Good shout on the ref, he allowed the game to flow and a couple of times I thought we got luck with some decisions regarding fouls, throw ins and corners.

Just need Man city to tear Stoke apart on Monday for perfect set of scores.

If Stoke get anything from that match fair play to them. It's been absolutely ideal otherwise.

Becuse we typically shoot ourselves in the foot in such situations. Even at 2-0 I thought we need a 3rd and maybe a 4th just to get the win over the line. Thankfully they were the worst team we’ve faced this season IMO, they offered nothing going forward. We still had to work hard though and every player had to do a job. I don’t like us allowing the opposition so much possession and especially against sides like this lot who are worse than us and had we went at them more, given we looked like scoring every time we went forward first half, we could have ran out 5 up or more. 3 points are all that matters though and overall there can be no complaints. Happy days!

A lot of our chances came from Southampton being sloppy in possession. The tactic worked perfectly fine, us having more possesion may not have resulted in us getting the same amount of chances

Guest covmag

OK , OK............. brilliant , easy win.How bad were Southampton though, wasn't expecting that  :kasper:

Shelvey i hoped played and as i thought was the man today, brilliant and won us the game with his vision.

Dummett was great as were they all, Perez was a bit off it but thats a tad harsh on a perfect day all round, the Southampton fans were fizzing  :lol: 

Guest Howaythetoon

A lot of our chances came from Southampton being sloppy in possession. The tactic worked perfectly fine, us having more possesion may not have resulted in us getting the same amount of chances

Or it may have, and maybe limited them even more than they were limited. Sorry but I dislike it immensely. Hate the way we set up and allow even shite like them to have all the ball. We won though so no complaints really. I like some of our passages of play, lots of team play and movement and passing which makes it more worrying why we allow the opposition to have so much of the ball because we can clearly use it when we have it.