Newcastle United 1 - 0 Huddersfield Town - 31/03/18 - Post-match joy from pg 14

Dave

I must say mind in our last two games at St. James' Park we've witnessed possibly two of the worst performances from strikers in the history of the Premier League from Laurent Depoitre and Guido Carrillo. I've not seen the stats but wouldn't be surprised if neither of them touched the ball in our box.

I must say mind in our last two games at St. James' Park we've witnessed possibly two of the worst performances from strikers in the history of the Premier League from Laurent Depoitre and Guido Carrillo. I've not seen the stats but wouldn't be surprised if neither of them touched the ball in our box.

had thought this myself - we'd been watching £25m worth of strikers and neither were as good even as joselu.

I'm sure I seen a graphic that said Huddersfield had only four touches in our area.

Both massive guileless lumps.

I was stunned Southampton paid £19 million for Carrillo. I think it will go down as one of the worst PL signings of all time. We were mugged signing Riviere from them but that was only ~£6 million.

Guest Howaythetoon

Didn’t see any of the game, but sounds like a deserved win and we played well so happy days.

Would just like to say to the guy at half time who corrected me and mate that it wasnt a backpass at end of first half that the goalie picked up and that it came off shins, we were literally in the worst place in crowd to get a good view of it, couldnt see the screen, no need to go "helps if you know the rules of the game" at us  :hmm:

I'd like to see that again. I was up the other end but thought he used his knee. I'm no ref but think knee's ok but dunno about shins?

Would just like to say to the guy at half time who corrected me and mate that it wasnt a backpass at end of first half that the goalie picked up and that it came off shins, we were literally in the worst place in crowd to get a good view of it, couldnt see the screen, no need to go "helps if you know the rules of the game" at us  :hmm:

I'd like to see that again. I was up the other end but thought he used his knee. I'm no ref but think knee's ok but dunno about shins?

He used his knee yes, which is fine.

Well I disagree with that viewpoint anyway, but I was on about the strength and frequency of posts criticising their manager, tactics etc. Personally think they've done remarkably well to be in this position so close to the end of the season, I genuinely expected them to relegated in 20th (after the first few weeks; promoted minnows pulling out some big wins early on is hardly unheard of). If they stay up it'll be fairly amazing.

Well I disagree with that viewpoint anyway, but I was on about the strength and frequency of posts criticising their manager, tactics etc. Personally think they've done remarkably well to be in this position so close to the end of the season, I genuinely expected them to relegated in 20th (after the first few weeks; promoted minnows pulling out some big wins early on is hardly unheard of). If they stay up it'll be fairly amazing.

I get you :thup:

I've read a few who are livid Wagner didn't tell them to press and attack to turn us over like the championship 2-1 at St James'.  I've also seen a few referring to the last couple of losses as "against the terrier identity". Whatever the fuck that is. Lee Clark was their manager not long ago and now they expect to be turning over half the PL with their tinpot BvB gegenpressing.

I get you :thup:

I've read a few who are livid Wagner didn't tell them to press and attack to turn us over like the championship 2-1 at St James'.  I've also seen a few referring to the last couple of losses as "against the terrier identity". Whatever the fuck that is. Lee Clark was their manager not long ago and now they expect to be turning over half the PL with their tinpot BvB gegenpressing.

It's Jason Bournes dog.

They went up with a negative goal difference and without winning a single game in the playoffs. They drew three times and won the two ties on penalties. That must make them one of the weakest teams ever to be promoted. To still have a strong chance of staying up this late is an achievement, regardless of how it has been attained.

He deliberately used his Knee which isn't a back pass.

EDIT and it has to be a deliberate back pass from the boot, shin don't count.

I know, i just couldn't see that from where i was so looked like a backpass, especially since the crowd nearby clearly thought it was. The guy was being snide presuming we didn't know the rules and not the reason mate asked me if was a backpass was cos we didn't have clear views  :lol:

I know, i just couldn't see that from where i was so looked like a backpass, especially since the crowd nearby clearly thought it was. The guy was being snide presuming we didn't know the rules and not the reason mate asked me if was a backpass was cos we didn't have clear views  :lol:

To be fair the majority in the Gallowgate didn't know the laws.

To be fair the majority in the Gallowgate didn't know the laws.

Neither did the players.