Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal - 15/04/18 - post-match erection from page 14

BlueStar

Everyone on the pitch earned their pay today and that was well deserved. Looking like a proper mid table Premier League side. Both goals were well worked. Now about getting a new owner and seeing what Rafa can do with some backing. Better TEAM won today.

Gayle’s movement and work-rate has played a key part in this run, that's why he's been starting. Ridiculous to ignore that.

It took Ritchie 2/3 of the season to start scoring, but he was contributing all the time.

Not sure I agree, he's been fantastic for a couple of months now but pre Christmas there was multiple games where I felt he wasn't offering much.

It doesn't matter now though.

Gayle’s movement and work-rate has played a key part in this run, that's why he's been starting. Ridiculous to ignore that.

Yeah, get a bit pissed off when he gets slagged off, he's been causing teams problems even if not scoring. The team ethic runs deep in this squad and he's played his part.

Guest reefatoon

Absolutely class game and result. 41 points to safety too. Stif, it’s time to get your quill and parchment out again and let our new owners know it’s time.

:lol:  I personally would still choose a fit Slimani over him based on 2 sub appearances. Hes contributed as much as the next man. But realistically id still say many others have shown more. Perez has suddenly stepped up, Ritchie is performing. Shelvey, Mo Diame has transformed.  And the back pairing of Lascelles and Lejuene have seen us not concede many. Oh nearly forgot Kenedy who imo has transformed our attacking play ??.

Any reason you single out Gayle as a big part? Or is it because a few including myself picked on him today....

Yeah, get a bit pissed off when he gets slagged off, he's been causing teams problems even if not scoring. The team ethic runs deep in this squad and he's played his part.

Yup.

Guest firetotheworks

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that, hoping for the 3 points but not absolutely shitting myself if we let it slip. Great, hard fought win.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that, hoping for the 3 points but not absolutely shitting myself if we let it slip. Great, hard fought win.

Aye same, sort of expected them to equalise so wasn't too panicky. A draw would have still been a good result. We could and should have made it 3-1 anyway.

Gayle has been solid during this stretch. I think we all would rather him be a 30 minute guy late in games (seems what he is meant for at this level) with a #9 like Slimani playing from the start. Obviously looking towards next year with that. Gayle does a lot of work that helps create the spaces for Perez, Kenedy, and Ritchie to do what they do. Shelvey-Diame has been a great duo since this run of form started. Onward and upward. Could we get to 50?

Just finished watching, was a little bit behind, after going through my usual morning workout. Great result again, it was just so comfortable in the end, totally nullified Arsenal, terrific all round display, two excellent goals and three points.

We have great partnerships all over the pitch. Perez/Gayle. Shelvey/Diame. Dummett/Kenedy. Yedlin/Ritchie. Lascelles/Lejeune. No individuals in the team at all, everyone has a partner they can rely on and it seems to spread confidence & calm throughout the side. Rafa really deserves all the plaudits he will righty be getting now, what a manager. What a side.

Arsenal have one the most technically gifted sides in the league, but we wanted it so much more. Arsenal lack so much heart and fight.

Not sure they do tbh, only player they have who is up there with City on a technical level is Ozil.

The rest are fast or physical players, they are nowhere near the technical team they used to be.

Arsene Pardger.

Aubameyang 57m

Lacazette 47m

Xhaka 40m

Mustafi 36m

Welbeck 18m

Even with injuries, they fielded nearly half a team that would break our transfer record. And couldn't fashion a chance in the second half.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fantastic team performance and a great win which was fully deserved. I actually never felt nervous at all even when one nil down as this for me is arguably the worst Arsenal team I’ve seen in the Premier League era. Diame, Dummett, Ritchie and Perez in particular were different class and the rest very good. We look a solid and decent team.