Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Pickford celebrating a scrappy 1-0 win as if it was a derby. Typical small minded mackem.

We can't exactly claim the high ground here. He got dogs abuse all game, entitled to celebrate. Give and take.

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly. Expected a bit ribbing and booing but "You're just a friend of a paedo" was crass.

But remarkably accurate.

Pickford celebrating a scrappy 1-0 win as if it was a derby. Typical small minded mackem.

We can't exactly claim the high ground here. He got dogs abuse all game, entitled to celebrate. Give and take.

The fact he rose to it makes me happy.

It’s already been said, but they probably need to give away tickets next season more than ever.

How many fans will they lose in the borderlands?

Now I’m not going to say in the centre of Sunderland their kids and such will start supporting us, but how about the kids who follow football because their friends do? They may not support turn their attention to us, but losing them to Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea etc is a possibility.

Kids further out in South Shields and Washington maybe more inclined to turn to us, especially if we are doing reasonably well under Rafa.

If they don’t come straight back up then they could easily lose a significant chunk of future fans.

In all honesty they need to be going out to the schools and giving them tickets, going to other charities, giving tickets to those who are down on their luck. All this would give them more of community club feel, and in future when those kids grow up, when say the people without jobs gain a job, maybe then they’ll return the favour and start buying tickets.

Matchday income is going to crucial to them from now on. Ok giving away free tickets isn’t ideal, but if the ground is only being half filled then why not have a section of the ground who get tickets through ‘good causes’. You could even reduce the food prices in this area in order to try and get people buying some food and drinks.

The fact he rose to it makes me happy.

Aye, same. Would have been so funny mind if Coleman's last minute header out to a corner could have gone in instead, just after he hushed the away supporters.

Only those signed this season have relegation clauses :lol: Fucker.

Cattermole and Rodwell will be pissing themselves - they’ll be on about £60k-£70k p/w combined which is probably more than the wage budget of a lot of L1 sides :lol:

Can see them being in deep shit without a buyer like. But who’d pay £120m+ for a League 1 team?

i mean ashley "needed" to loan us £30m each time we went down didn't he?  which illustrates the loss in income...if their £35m TV cash is all going on wages and servicing the debt to that bank then they're surely done?

lets be honest as well mind, it'll probably be the best thing for them now

dismal reading for them that, unless short puts money in it's hard to see how the fuck they don't go into admin surely?

Parachute payments will sort that for another 12 months, insolvency can’t be far off after that though

they've got one £35m payment left afaik, a massive wage bill still and that banks debt to service

dismal reading for them that, unless short puts money in it's hard to see how the fuck they don't go into admin surely?

Parachute payments will sort that for another 12 months, insolvency can’t be far off after that though

they've got one £35m payment left afaik, a massive wage bill still and that banks debt to service

Very few fans coming through the door and they devalued their own club by giving away so many free tickets.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/sunderland-to-be-out-of-football-league-before-britain-is-out-of-eu-20180424147919  :lol:

SUNDERLAND’S relegation to League One means there is a good chance they will have left the Football League before Britain leaves the EU, it has been confirmed.

Experts stressed the current status of the Brexit talks could see Britain still a member of the EU while the club from the Brexit-voting city finds itself in the northern division of a conference.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “The people of Sunderland, being such huge fans of leaving things, could end up making a ‘Hard Flexit’, thereby setting a wonderful example for the rest of the country.

“And while Britain will be struggling to sign a free trade deal with the EU, Sunderland will be struggling to sign a 34-year-old full back on loan from Gateshead.”

Martin Bishop, a Leave voter and Sunderland season ticket holder, added: “I have no idea why I make the choices I make in life.”

Very few fans coming through the door and they devalued their own club by giving away so many free tickets.

imagine they'll get absolute pennies for any players of comparative value they have left on the books now as well, why would anyone offer them a decent fee when they know for a fact they've simply got to peddle them asap

not that they really have any decent players left of course

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/sunderland-to-be-out-of-football-league-before-britain-is-out-of-eu-20180424147919  :lol:

SUNDERLAND’S relegation to League One means there is a good chance they will have left the Football League before Britain leaves the EU, it has been confirmed.

Experts stressed the current status of the Brexit talks could see Britain still a member of the EU while the club from the Brexit-voting city finds itself in the northern division of a conference.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “The people of Sunderland, being such huge fans of leaving things, could end up making a ‘Hard Flexit’, thereby setting a wonderful example for the rest of the country.

“And while Britain will be struggling to sign a free trade deal with the EU, Sunderland will be struggling to sign a 34-year-old full back on loan from Gateshead.”

Martin Bishop, a Leave voter and Sunderland season ticket holder, added: “I have no idea why I make the choices I make in life.”

YES!!!!!

the phrase hoist by their own petard has never been more appropriate for these fools like