Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Currently getting all excited about a sighting of Mick McCarthy in a pub in Boldon having lunch:

Mc.png

And the mackems have the fuckin neck to call us fat and gravy stained.....  look at the clip of this cunt with him....

Aye, Crooksy is a makem fan, known him since school.

Of more concern is the midget getting in the car behind them. She looks like the dwarf on ‘don’t look now’.

His head is the same shape as a tennis ball tbf.  One of those massive ones that get signed when Wimbledon is on.

And the other fella is  like that retired special forces dude out of "The 'Burbs" movie

Currently getting all excited about a sighting of Mick McCarthy in a pub in Boldon having lunch:

Mc.png

And the mackems have the fuckin neck to call us fat and gravy stained.....  look at the clip of this cunt with him....

Aye, Crooksy is a makem fan, known him since school.

Of more concern is the midget getting in the car behind them. She looks like the dwarf on ‘don’t look now’.

Ha ha! Wonder if that's Mick's lass? It's not Fat Alan's...

Apparently their owner had to seek permission from the EFL to attend their game on Sunday. I mean, he could have just went on the quiet and not have made this public.  He's on twitter too

Seems like a bit of an attention seeker, should be easy to wind up like Dr. Tony

I like how they’ve all twisted his comments about ‘substantial’ investment.

His quotes were actually talking about providing the mackems with a similar amount of investment that he did at Eastleigh - £10m :lol: Wew. He also refused to give Eastleigh any more and said they needed to be self-sufficient. He’s a low-scale Mike Ashley.

Guest covmag

I like how they’ve all twisted his comments about ‘substantial’ investment.

His quotes were actually talking about providing the mackems with a similar amount of investment that he did at Eastleigh - £10m :lol: Wew. He also refused to give Eastleigh any more and said they needed to be self-sufficient. He’s a low-scale Mike Ashley.

"that's what we want marra build us up again, not like those delewded cunts from up the road "    :lol:

Apparently their owner had to seek permission from the EFL to attend their game on Sunday. I mean, he could have just went on the quiet and not have made this public.  He's on twitter too

Seems like a bit of an attention seeker, should be easy to wind up like Dr. Tony

He's got more than a whiff of Michael Knighton about him, the two-bob spiv c***.

The Don ffs.

wonder what the reaction will be if it doesnt pass the EFL Takeover test

it seems a bit fishy all this paying of of debt and "group" of investors and then he apparently had to guarantee more of his own money to get these investors to commit

surely members this group will all want a say on what happens with their invested money also? that could lead to infighting and disagreements and carnage in the boardroom

something doesnt seem right and it was a bit out of the blue

Guest Open_C

Just catching up on all this, was away when it happened. Is this just a bunch of chancers hoping to get them back up a division first time then try to cash in?  I fucking hope so [emoji38]

The fact that no one has asked WHY Short is "giving away" the club, and no one has asked What condition the club is in that "giving it away" is preferable than keeping it... just boggle my mind.

RTG is so distracted by the Shiny-Object of No-Debt, that they are missing the big issue of a huge negative cash flow that right in front of their face.

How they can believe that Short paid of the debts as the honorable thing, and not for some financial benefit to himself, is amazing.

I recognise that chap on the left.

Thats "Odd Bodd junior" out of carry on screaming.

Wasn't sure who that was so googled him.... Buckled!  :spit:  :lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/10/article-1249810-0835BDAB000005DC-65_233x276.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m going to just say it: I think this guy is a chancer in the same way that former Carlisle owner was when he attempted to buy Man Utd (minus the Aliens belief) and that his backers don’t have any real money at all.

They will come in and try and get the club back into the Championship spending what will seem like a fortune for League One and then hope to get back into the PL on a modest budget and then flipping it for a profit. I’d be worried about the twitter stuff, highly unprofessional and kind of attention seeking.

You wouldn’t announce a thing until a deal is 100% done/finalised surely or not comment at least. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s doing this to try and force a quick sale of his unsuccessful non league club first, hoping people see he’s getting involved with another club so wants a quick sale. Druming up interest etc. In a club no one wants to or would buy. I think he doesn’t have the money and needs to sell first to get involved proper.

I can see them making the playoffs post takeover at best, losing out, and going through a few managers before promotion to the Championship. By that point the backers they will be in it even deeper money wise and when they realise promotion to the PL will cost mega money I can see the so-called backers thinking fuck that let’s cut our losses, leaving the club in the hands of this numpty without a pot to piss in football wise.

Fans will turn, magic carpets will drop from the skies and the mackems will be championing Big Sam to buy it or for Royston Keano to get a consortium together to save them.

I’ll happily wager 100 quid that they will be a League 1 club this time next year still.

I’m going to just say it: I think this guy is a chancer in the same way that former Carlisle owner was when he attempted to buy Man Utd (minus the Aliens belief) and that his backers don’t have any real money at all.

They will come in and try and get the club back into the Championship spending what will seem like a fortune for League One and then hope to get back into the PL on a modest budget and then flipping it for a profit. I’d be worried about the twitter stuff, highly unprofessional and kind of attention seeking.

You wouldn’t announce a thing until a deal is 100% done/finalised surely or not comment at least. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s doing this to try and force a quick sale of his unsuccessful non league club first, hoping people see he’s getting involved with another club so wants a quick sale. Druming up interest etc. In a club no one wants to or would buy. I think he doesn’t have the money and needs to sell first to get involved proper.

I can see them making the playoffs post takeover at best, losing out, and going through a few managers before promotion to the Championship. By that point the backers they will be in it even deeper money wise and when they realise promotion to the PL will cost mega money I can see the so-called backers thinking fuck that let’s cut our losses, leaving the club in the hands of this numpty without a pot to piss in football wise.

Fans will turn, magic carpets will drop from the skies and the mackems will be championing Big Sam to buy it or for Royston Keano to get a consortium together to save them.

I’ll happily wager 100 quid that they will be a League 1 club this time next year still.

You could be right

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/stewart-donald-will-be-majority-shareholder-as-duo-emerge-as-managerial-frontrunners-1-9146808

Stewart Donald will become a majority shareholder in Sunderland should the EFL approve his purchase of the club from Ellis Short.

Donald has agreed a deal to front a consortium of international businessmen and it is understood he will be the main investor with other parties taking a more minor role.

The Eastleigh owner is preparing for a hands-on role in the club and will make appointing a new manager his first priority after the dismissal of Chris Coleman on Sunday morning – with Chris Wilder and Michael Appleton believed to be leading contenders

Donald’s personal wealth significantly exceeds the £8.4million figure mooted in recent days but he is determined to make the club more sustainable financially.

The latest club accounts will underline the scale of that challenge with Ellis Short continuing to fund significant monthly losses. Sunderland’s revenue streams will be affected again by relegation to League One.

Donald has always been a visible presence at Eastleigh and is likely to adopt the same approach on Wearside as he looks to turn the club’s fortunes around.

Michael Appleton.

Michael Appleton.

The appointment of the right manager will be key, with Wilder, Michael Appleton and Mick McCarthy among the bookies’ favourites.

The former two are well known to the new regime and they are certain to be under consideration, depending on their availability.

The Echo understands that the pair are by no means the only names in the frame at this early stage, however.

Wilder has enjoyed two hugely successful years in charge of Sheffield United but recently raised doubts over his future as the Blades endure a protracted takeover process of their own.

Wilder oversaw Oxford United’s return to the Football League before taking over at Northampton Town and winning the League Two title.

His move to boyhood club Sheffield United brought an end to the club’s long exile in League One and they have been in play-off contention for much of this season.

The 50-year-old admitted last Saturday that he was considering his future.

He said: “This is my city, my football club. I have worked extremely hard to get in this position, I am ambitious. I believe in the ability of myself and my staff.

“I want to go forward with this club, but I can’t do it all on my own. If it stays the same, I don’t think anybody would be surprised if I didn’t question where my career was going.

“I want to progress my career, the careers of the staff and the players – and most importantly give the supporters some hope we can have a genuine football club with a strategy and plan to move forward.”

Appleton is assistant to Claude Puel at Leicester City but during his time in charge of Oxford United oversaw promotion from League Two and two runs to the Checkatrade Trophy final before narrowly missing out on the League One play-offs. At the time of his departure he said the chance to return to coaching in the Premier League was too good to turn down.

No appointment is likely until EFL approval is granted, with Donald hopeful that will come quickly and allow him to begin what will be a significant summer of rebuilding.

Kevin Phillips has been heavily linked with the role, but, at this stage, there is little prospect of a managerial rookie being appointed.

Guest Howaythetoon

You could be right

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/stewart-donald-will-be-majority-shareholder-as-duo-emerge-as-managerial-frontrunners-1-9146808

Stewart Donald will become a majority shareholder in Sunderland should the EFL approve his purchase of the club from Ellis Short.

Donald has agreed a deal to front a consortium of international businessmen and it is understood he will be the main investor with other parties taking a more minor role.

The Eastleigh owner is preparing for a hands-on role in the club and will make appointing a new manager his first priority after the dismissal of Chris Coleman on Sunday morning – with Chris Wilder and Michael Appleton believed to be leading contenders

Donald’s personal wealth significantly exceeds the £8.4million figure mooted in recent days but he is determined to make the club more sustainable financially.

The latest club accounts will underline the scale of that challenge with Ellis Short continuing to fund significant monthly losses. Sunderland’s revenue streams will be affected again by relegation to League One.

Donald has always been a visible presence at Eastleigh and is likely to adopt the same approach on Wearside as he looks to turn the club’s fortunes around.

Michael Appleton.

Michael Appleton.

The appointment of the right manager will be key, with Wilder, Michael Appleton and Mick McCarthy among the bookies’ favourites.

The former two are well known to the new regime and they are certain to be under consideration, depending on their availability.

The Echo understands that the pair are by no means the only names in the frame at this early stage, however.

Wilder has enjoyed two hugely successful years in charge of Sheffield United but recently raised doubts over his future as the Blades endure a protracted takeover process of their own.

Wilder oversaw Oxford United’s return to the Football League before taking over at Northampton Town and winning the League Two title.

His move to boyhood club Sheffield United brought an end to the club’s long exile in League One and they have been in play-off contention for much of this season.

The 50-year-old admitted last Saturday that he was considering his future.

He said: “This is my city, my football club. I have worked extremely hard to get in this position, I am ambitious. I believe in the ability of myself and my staff.

“I want to go forward with this club, but I can’t do it all on my own. If it stays the same, I don’t think anybody would be surprised if I didn’t question where my career was going.

“I want to progress my career, the careers of the staff and the players – and most importantly give the supporters some hope we can have a genuine football club with a strategy and plan to move forward.”

Appleton is assistant to Claude Puel at Leicester City but during his time in charge of Oxford United oversaw promotion from League Two and two runs to the Checkatrade Trophy final before narrowly missing out on the League One play-offs. At the time of his departure he said the chance to return to coaching in the Premier League was too good to turn down.

No appointment is likely until EFL approval is granted, with Donald hopeful that will come quickly and allow him to begin what will be a significant summer of rebuilding.

Kevin Phillips has been heavily linked with the role, but, at this stage, there is little prospect of a managerial rookie being appointed.

Knew it. I also wager that Short will get some of his money back out of the parachute payments and should they get back into the PL.  There is no way he has just given the club away and paid off all debt.

This so-called consortium of backers is just spin from the Don (:lol:) in an attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of everyone to show he can afford all this. This will be shown by the sale of Eastleigh which he needs to do to bolster his wealth for the mackems. That could take time.

He/they (the club) will be able to afford League One, but will need to get out at the first time of asking because once that parachute payment goes and the enevitable mass desertion of yet more fans, there will be no money.

I can see them down there for a few years going through a succession of managers and this dip shit don constantly trying to seek investment from backers to get back to the promised land and the real money pot while his own wealth dwindles.

The mackems will lap him up when he tells them he hopes to one day commentate on a 7th win in a row against the Mags.

On their 6 in a row... I’ve learned recently working in mackemland the other day that our draw against them when we went down didn’t stop the rot and wouldn’t count as if they were to beat us it would be 7 straight victories Mara to our none. Mackemmatics.

Why would Chris Wilder leave his boyhood club where he is managing very well in the Championship to join the League One mackems? :lol:

The Don will make him an offer he can't refuse.

Unlimited cheesy chips and free seats for his whole family at every game.