Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Sounds like the gobshite new owner is finding it tougher than he thought. Looks like the high earning players are still drunk off their wages at the piss take party and refusing to go home. Meanwhile the good, honest MLF white knights are stuck at the doorway not allowed to enter to start the clean up process.

I'm guessing the bairn type loans will be back in place soon as them paying for the privilege, this leaving very little time to sign an entire football team of players.

Gobshite gobshiteing again!

He wrote on twitter: "I would be pretty sure at this stage of the transfer window less than 10 percent of player signings have been made - there are still lots of players on holiday and hundreds still available. The player movements will start soon I am sure. We have offers out and lots of targets!"

Donald also had short shrift for suggestions that Turkish side Besiktas are preparing a two-year loan deal for Wahbi Khazri. With Khazri's Sunderland contract expiring at that stage, it would essentially be a free transfer.

Donald said on twitter: "Unless we get a decent fee he will be back here playing!!" Khazri is being tracked by a number of French clubs after a successful season with Stade Rennais. He is expected to be fit for Tunisia's opening World Cup game with England on Monday.

He wrote on twitter: "I would be pretty sure at this stage of the transfer window less than 10 percent of player signings have been made - there are still lots of players on holiday and hundreds still available. The player movements will start soon I am sure. We have offers out and lots of targets!"

Donald also had short shrift for suggestions that Turkish side Besiktas are preparing a two-year loan deal for Wahbi Khazri. With Khazri's Sunderland contract expiring at that stage, it would essentially be a free transfer.

Donald said on twitter: "Unless we get a decent fee he will be back here playing!!" Khazri is being tracked by a number of French clubs after a successful season with Stade Rennais. He is expected to be fit for Tunisia's opening World Cup game with England on Monday.

An owner commenting on fucken everything is not good news like. He just cant shut up. :lol:

An owner commenting on fucken everything is not good news like. He just cant shut up. :lol:

He's basically Trump :lol:

someone wants to tweet him the early Xia stuff vs. current Xia for context

Guest chopey

I still think these will really struggle to put a settled team together by the end of the window, its like trying to rip up real wood flooring one strip at a time and replacing it with cheap lino, its gonna look shit 

Guest Howaythetoon

They will turn on their Don and their Charlie by January and of course on their team. I predict crowds of 15-20k max come January and the. Floundering in mid-table. The die-hards will keep telling themselves the Don is the chosen one and they will go up because they are the biggest club ever in this division and even if they don’t, 6 in a row marra, 9-1, FTM ha ha ha ha. Daft cunts :lol:

I still think these will really struggle to put a settled team together by the end of the window, its like trying to rip up real wood flooring one strip at a time and replacing it with cheap lino, its gonna look shit 

They have the biggest job of anyone in that division, most have a core of players they can rely upon. The Mackems need to tear it all down and start again, that's no simple task even at the level they are playing at. They've got a squad of players there right now that have no desire to play for the club in that league, it's an ugly situation that's been a little forgotten about in the euphoria of the Don and "debt free".

Guest Howaythetoon

They’ve been at the helm a few months now and what have they actually done other than sack a few people and bring in some unknown Scotsman and invite fans to a bring your own seat BBQ? Seems they waffle on social media, at radio stations and drink a pint or two at a few local pubs an awful lot while the club sinks millions and the squad remains largely the same. I’m telling you man, they are proper chancers, who probably really do believe by engaging with fans via social media and fan platforms and bringing in the next Alex Ferguson that it will all turn gold. Never mind that players on multi-million salaries can’t be shifted or that league one rivals are signing players ahead of them and that the season is not far away eh. Those 20k season card sales must have went to their heads....

Hey Charlie, every time I tweet we sell an extra 2 season cards.

Hey Don, that’s nowt (said in a mackem twang to make them feel that he’s really one of them), if I say I don’t like Noorcarsell, my wife gets flowers.

keep it up Charlie, I want a plane and some FTM badges before our first match. Them we have arrived my friend and made it!

Nee bother marra!

this has got disaster all over it imo

yeah i'm tending to agree - while HTT overstates things when he said they've been in charge "months" they've certainly been there a good few weeks now and i personally expected them to go at it hammer and tongs to ship players out and rebuild their squad

they've not managed one in or out yet have they?  that does not bode well at all

this has got disaster all over it imo

yeah i'm tending to agree - while HTT overstates things when he said they've been in charge "months" they've certainly been there a good few weeks now and i personally expected them to go at it hammer and tongs to ship players out and rebuild their squad

they've not managed one in or out yet have they?  that does not bode well at all

Yup, no signings, weird tweets about players, ordering seats for no real reason, can't shift any of the deadwood. They essentially need a new team, and haven't even got a single player yet

Them going in full of bluster and so far confirming nothing other than the changing seats does seem like Monty Python where the Romans come out of the house with nothing to show but the spoon.

A mackem mate of mine can see right through the bullshit, like. I'm paraphrasing but he essentially said that they've got friendlies set up with no team to put out for them, no incoming transfers clearly raises questions about their 'cleared debt'. But it's okay though because Stewart Donald replies to people on Twitter.

:lol:

If it was really as easy to get rid of the old contracts and bring in new players before shooting back up the leagues, Short would have done that.

As it was, Short determined that it was better to pay $20-$20M to get The Don to take it off his hands, than to stick around and keep subsidizing things.

The fact that RTG thinks he paid off the debts out of honor or moral obligation (and not desperation) is the funniest thing about this.

A mackem mate of mine can see right through the bullshit, like. I'm paraphrasing but he essentially said that they've got friendlies set up with no team to put out for them, no incoming transfers clearly raises questions about their 'cleared debt'. But it's okay though because Stewart Donald replies to people on Twitter.

The Twitter thing just seems stupid to me.  I can see that he's desperate to ingratiate himself to the supporters, but there is absolutely no way that being a mouthy twat on Twitter is ever going to do anything other than backfire massively.

If he makes claims about the size and ambition of the club, he just looks stupid when they try to sign players and they snub them for "smaller" clubs.

If he slags off the current players hell look like an idiot when the season starts and they're still in the squad - at best he's just pissed off his own players who will now be belligerent towards the club, at worst he's just told every potential buyer that the wage-sponge is not worth buying and he's stuck with a crap, belligerent player.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.  Just keep off Twitter unless it's something banal like welcoming a 39-year-old journeyman clogger of a centre-half to the club, or wishing the best of luck for the future when some other lunatic club buys one of their crap players.

Donald (of the) Dump.

The Twitter thing just seems stupid to me.  I can see that he's desperate to ingratiate himself to the supporters, but there is absolutely no way that being a mouthy twat on Twitter is ever going to do anything other than backfire massively.

If he makes claims about the size and ambition of the club, he just looks stupid when they try to sign players and they snub them for "smaller" clubs.

If he slags off the current players hell look like an idiot when the season starts and they're still in the squad - at best he's just pissed off his own players who will now be belligerent towards the club, at worst he's just told every potential buyer that the wage-sponge is not worth buying and he's stuck with a crap, belligerent player.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.  Just keep off Twitter unless it's something banal like welcoming a 39-year-old journeyman clogger of a centre-half to the club, or wishing the best of luck for the future when some other lunatic club buys one of their crap players.

Good tour d'horizon. My mackem mate is wondering why some aren't waking up and smelling the coffee, they've released a large number of players but can't afford to cut loose high earners like Cattermole etc, whilst not bringing anyone in, he feels it's clear the debt hasn't been 'cleared'. On his part it's just frustration at the other Sunderland fans who lap up the Twitter interaction with "the Don" and that other twat from Oxford who decided to churn out that he always thought Newcastle United were "a bit arrogant", whilst not piping up about that when we played them in the cup at Oxford 18 months ago.

Their Boxing thread sums them up.

Saying the sooner Lewis Ritson gets knocked out the better because they hate the Mags. Three pages later saying that the crowd are pathetic for not being behind Josh Kelly because he's a Mackem. :lol:

Weird breed of people.

Saying the sooner Lewis Ritson gets knocked out the better because they hate the Mags. Three pages later saying that the crowd are pathetic for not being behind Josh Kelly because he's a Mackem. :lol:

Weird breed of people.

I've said it before, they'd be Happy to be relegated providing we were below them. It's a thing that holds them back.

Saying the sooner Lewis Ritson gets knocked out the better because they hate the Mags. Three pages later saying that the crowd are pathetic for not being behind Josh Kelly because he's a Mackem. [emoji38]

Weird breed of people.

Mackems talking crap as usual because he got very good support, understandably Ritson got better.