Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Just seen a post on RTG, thought I had finally found a voice of reason only to be wrong. 

“Why the clamour for Keane. We were booing him last time he was here. He's shit and hasn't managed for over a decade. Give it to Bally”

:shifty:

People harking for the likes of Keane nowadays are fucking thick like [emoji38]

They, like anybody else, need someone with a legitimate, deep understanding of the game. Not a shouty man. It's not the 1920s.

The thing is is that they could probably easily get that too. The fact they're still in League 1 is hilarious but a complete disaster on their part. Anybody on their board with an ounce of credibility should have had them up years ago. Lukily for our entertainment their fans are just as dosile.

Giving it to Keane will give them a boost short term. It's the added motivation and the "fucking hell, it's Roy Keane" effect. It'll undoubtedly boost them and be a kick start but I think that's all he's got. It turned to shit last time he was there, it never even got going at Ipswich and that was about 10 years ago. What else does he have as a manager other than to shout at them? What happens when they stop listening? What else does he have? 

It'll end in tears, the only question is how soon will it happen. 

1 hour ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

38,000 of the goons rocked up to Defoes homecoming "one last dance" shoite & sing Keanos name

I'll mock them for a lot, but not for getting 38,000 in L1, whatever the reason.

As others have said Keane is a short fuse that seems to have fallen out with a good number of the players he's worked with of late.

Aside from all that, do we think he's put any of the time in to stay up to date with tactical trends? If he hasn't, does he know enough people that have for which he could build his backroom team with? 

Defoe has undoubted ability as a finisher but he's going to be a passenger off the ball and do they consistently create the kind of chances he will score? Don't get me wrong, if an ageing Loic Remy was available on a free and we were up shit creek I'd scream for it, but it seems so odd to me that a club professing a 'data driven approach' are quite happy to abandon that for sentiment. 

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

Sunderland are just the gift that keeps on giving aren't they

If people gift you boxes of flaming dogshit.

I see the litternado's have made a special appearance for defoe's return, nothing like a bit of fanfare eh.

19 minutes ago, UncleBuzzcocks said:

Surely their highest attendance for 5 years?

Seemingly not, but so what if it is? I'd mock low attendances rather than high ones. 38k in that league is a good attendance, no matter the context or anything.

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Fair Does, we would get more in same division though but aye take your point 

Hopefully we never find out. Sure, we've historically almost always had higher attendances than them whatever the league we were both in but it's not a given. Until a few months ago, many of us (myself included) were quite happy to sack the club off entirely, never go again, and were baffled that others were still rocking up and handing Fat Mike their hard earned each week. If Ashley had stayed and took us down to L1 for 4 years, I'm not sure I can be absolutely certain that we'd get over 38k, even if it was because of organised protests against his tenure.

As I say though, hopefully we never find out.

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Their display didn't happen 

Reading on RTG that their micey scrotes were crowding in the south stand, standing in the aisles, etc.

It seems their 16-22 contingent that get full of cheap gear and can’t behave themselves aren’t restricted to away games.