Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Feels like the next couple of weeks could be a real Sliding Doors moment in North East football.

A real prospect we won't be considered rivals for a long long time.

I think the Sliding Doors moment was actually them staying up in 2016, their trajectory has been nothing but downward since that moment.

I've said this a few times, but us going down and them staying up was the Ace Rimmer moment. One went through the shame of resitting the year the other is SunderRimmer.  :lol:

Feels like the next couple of weeks could be a real Sliding Doors moment in North East football.

I think the Sliding Doors moment was actually them staying up in 2016, their trajectory has been nothing but downward since that moment.

But but we sent the mags down marra  :lol:

I remember arguing with some mackems long into that fateful Monday night how within 3 years we would be back in Europe and have a full stadium whilst they would be in the championship with 20k empty seats.

I wasn't far wrong

By staying up for as long as they did they were just delaying the inevitable. It was almost better for them to go down sooner so they could get their shit together and regroup.

By the time they went down they were so used to being shit and had such a losing mentality throughout the club that they were not prepared for the slog that was to come.

I've said this a few times, but us going down and them staying up was the Ace Rimmer moment. One went through the shame of resitting the year the other is SunderRimmer.  :lol:

:lol:

Love that.

This fulfils both my love of British sitcoms and analogies! Well played!

By staying up for as long as they did they were just delaying the inevitable. It was almost better for them to go down sooner so they could get their s*** together and regroup.

By the time they went down they were so used to being s*** and had such a losing mentality throughout the club that they were not prepared for the slog that was to come.

There was no fight in them in either relegation from the PL and Champo. The culture had been sucked out of the club. Previous iterations of them had the will to win (pride).

They were plucky under Quinn, Keane, O’Neil at the very least. It’s been quite the downfall and a model for operational failure these last few years.

Already mention of 2020ers over on RTG. :lol: Called it. They probably think that the North Sea and a mysterious cabal of mag businessmen scuppered their deal with those Dell blokes and sent the Saudis our way because they were still seething about the Rafagation and the 6 in a row. FTM.

There’s 4 levels of Mackems in my experience

Not born or lived in the city (+ East Durham) - absolutely fine for the most

Born in Sunderland (+ East Durham), moved elsewhere - generally fine for the most

Born in Sunderland (+ East Durham) and aren’t too invested in the football - absolutely fine for the main

Born and residual fans in Sunderland (+ East Durham) - the most bitter people alive

Thankfully RTG is almost universally the latter and is currently riddled with posts absewlewtly fewmin those they don’t deem worthy haven’t suffered yet en mass in the pandemic, but aye top lads aside from that.

Already mention of 2020ers over on RTG. :lol: Called it. They probably think that the North Sea and a mysterious cabal of mag businessmen scuppered their deal with those Dell blokes and sent the Saudis our way because they were still seething about the Rafagation and the 6 in a row. FTM.

The 2020ers was always going to happen. Not sure how that argument is going to stand up when looking back at our attendances pre 2020. It'll read 52,000 pre 2020 and 52,000 post 2020. But then facts aren't the mackems strong point are they. The 1992ers shite they come out with proves that.

Either way they're not getting automatic promotion or winning any play-off competition.

They're fucked.

One thing I don't understand is that I thought 'The Don' buying them using the parachute payments was a known thing at the time? Or was that conveniently forgotten about when he started running his mouth on Twitter and they all jumped on the bandwagon?

See the League One table if it came to being based on PPG (points per game) should the season get cancelled…

↔ Coventry City – 1.970

↔ Rotherham United – 1.771

↑ Wycombe Wanderers – 1.735

↓ Oxford United – 1.714

↓ Portsmouth – 1.714

↓ Fleetwood Town – 1.714

↓ Peterborough United – 1.685

↓ Sunderland – 1.638

↔ Doncaster Rovers – 1.588

↑ Gillingham – 1.457

↓ Ipswich Town – 1.444

↔ Burton Albion – 1.37

↔ Blackpool – 1.285

↔ Bristol Rovers – 1.285

Either way they're not getting automatic promotion or winning any play-off competition.

They're fucked.

One thing I don't understand is that I thought 'The Don' buying them using the parachute payments was a known thing at the time? Or was that conveniently forgotten about when he started running his mouth on Twitter and they all jumped on the bandwagon?

It was known but he and his pal made out that they were definitely going to pay it back. Now it seems that may not be the case.

See the League One table if it came to being based on PPG (points per game) should the season get cancelled…

↔ Coventry City – 1.970

↔ Rotherham United – 1.771

↑ Wycombe Wanderers – 1.735

↓ Oxford United – 1.714

↓ Portsmouth – 1.714

↓ Fleetwood Town – 1.714

↓ Peterborough United – 1.685

↓ Sunderland – 1.638

↔ Doncaster Rovers – 1.588

↑ Gillingham – 1.457

↓ Ipswich Town – 1.444

↔ Burton Albion – 1.37

↔ Blackpool – 1.285

↔ Bristol Rovers – 1.285

Looks like it is certain that they will be spending (yet) another season in the THIRD DIVISION !!

They're fucked.

It was known but he and his pal made out that they were definitely going to pay it back. Now it seems that may not be the case.

Damn, I wish we were being bought by a good proper British consortium who definitely didn't want to use the club to fuel their own greed.

Such a shame.

this whole thing about the owners and investment, debt, etc is mostly driven by mags who think the more they poison us as a fan base the worse it will get, wake up we are being driven by mags in these post 

this forum has had its share of bad times but im afraid it will not get better for a while.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this whole thing about the owners and investment, debt, etc is mostly driven by mags who think the more they poison us as a fan base the worse it will get, wake up we are being driven by mags in these post

this forum has had its share of bad times but im afraid it will not get better for a while.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wtf is that meant to mean?