Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Why is he being so open and telling the whole world every single detail of their situation? I mean you can admire his openness on the one hand but it's surely going to backfire? Players, managers and agents will all read that and it can't be helping things? They've spilled their financial guts for all to see and they'll be shafted as a result. They're bluffing and they're still haemorrhaging cash to the extent they're borrowing more money already. Football wise they should still really get promoted but the club is still fundamentally fucked.

Players and agents never stop talking to each other and it's telling that only a handful of the entire squad want to stay. They'll be telling their mates at other clubs what goes on there and what is like, yeah some will go there if enough money is offered but he's already painted himself into a corner by telling every cunt the players don't want to be there but they won't budge on their valuations. So they'll sit tight and have to play for a club the chairman has told the world they don't want to play for. He needs to shut the fuck up and just sort the mess he's willingly inherited out.

Guest Howaythetoon

Short was basically an absent owner and that always pissed fans off when they weren’t beating us 6 in a row or laughing at us getting relegated so it’s as if he’s looked at that and worked out by being open and communicative he doesn’t have to do anything to curry their favour and good will. Which is kind of smart given how gullible they are, but dumb also because if you can’t walk the walk... As stupid as they are, if they don’t get out of the league at the first time of asking they will again turn on their club and desert it even more making his pound land investment even more worthless.

Everything about him smacks of small time at this level and I don’t mean League One level but at the level of a club Sunderland who bias and piss taking aside, are a big club with a big fan base.

Again I honestly think he and his mob will soon be found out and wanting badly and I can see debts rising even further as well and them dragging the club further down due to their lack of experience, skills and most of all money. Chancers man :lol:

Listening to him and the other bloke speak they come across as two mates in a pub talking about footy like we all do and most of what they say is just waffle that can easily be said, but it’s far easier said than done.

Rodwell doesn’t deserve a loyalty bonus so we won’t pay him it.

Well in Don, fuck him, too rights.

Err good luck at court :lol:

McNair won’t leave unless we get what we value him at.

I’m sure the Don has some spare change somewhere to pay his wages and also enough money to offset any money they could get for him so that it doesn’t make a difference. That and a hypnotist to convince him to play for the club again.

Can I call them the chuckle brothers? :lol:

I do think its a joke if Rodwell gets a loyalty bonus like

It's not like a moral concept though. It's conditional on him staying there, which he has

Yep. It runs from day one and until the day you leave, be that through being sold, released or at the end of the contract. The amount they get in loyalty bonus depends on how far into their contract they have come.

I’d imagine refusing to play (if he did) breaches this clause. Much like when clubs tell a player if he wants to leave to hand in a transfer request so that they don’t get the bonus

6 weeks to go, they don’t have the time to play hardball, if they go in to the season with even 50% of a squad that dosnt want to be there it will be a mess and no way they will get promoted

Can tell this mug is bluffing, probably got no other choice the club is in such a mess. There'll be a mass exodus just before the end of the window, and get less for players than he could have done now

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, he's like Jim Carrey by the end of Liar Liar ffs. [emoji38]  There's honesty and then there's deliberately airing your dirty laundry and potentially damaging your bargaining position and the club. He seems borderline unhinged, let alone simply unsuited to running a football club.

for whatever reason they seemed to have pinned everything on this "debt free" idea, the fans have ran with it and got themselves excited so they seem to be releasing every bit of information they can to counter rumours that they won't be debt free anymore

that or he's just a gobshite that can't shut his mouth

So the £5m McNair sale basically just funds the outstanding £4.5m of Oviedo? :lol: :lol:

Not quite any outstanding player payments are halved with Ellis if still owed and need to be paid.