Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Absolute gobshite!

https://www.a-love-supreme.com/single-post/2018/06/21/ALS-Speaks-to-Stewart-Donald

ALS: Is your biggest challenge moving on the high earners?

SD: Yes! Khazri’s agent came to me and said we should allow his client to leave for nothing, because he’s not a League One player! What they are trying to do is hold out as long is possible to get the vibe that we are desperate. We don’t react very well to people trying to take the Mickey out of us, therefore if we press on with our recruitment and we bring the right players in we have no need to sell them and they will remain our players. We will hold their contract and they will not play football. We are currently going through the process of trying to persuade the young players that their futures lie here. Most of the senior pros want to leave, but one or two might be surprised to find themselves staying.

Jack Rodwell, Lee Cattermole and Oviedo are the standout big earners and they are all on long term deals, I suspect we will only end up with one of those. The one we will struggle to move on is Lee Cattermole due to the length of his contract. If he wants to leave he can leave, we still owe £4.5m for Bryan Oviedo, so we would need a fee for him to move on. Lee Cattermole’s agent says he won’t leave a penny behind, so if he expects to move to a Championship side he has a footballing decision to make because we will not fund any of the difference in wages, why should we pay that over a long period especially when his agent (Margaret Byrne) agreed to the deal in the first place.

ALS: What’s Rodwell’s attitude been like?

SD: Rodwell has actually been very reasonable throughout the process, although we have refused him a loyalty bonus because he hasn’t been loyal. Simple as that, but he’s ready to have a very sensible conversation about his future. If we manage to move Rodwell on, we can afford to keep the likes of Wahbi Khazri and he’s a very good player. However, McNair’s agent has said that he will never ever play for Sunderland again. We turned down two offers for McNair, we had two offers from Brighton and we heard nothing from him or agent despite Paddy publically stating his desire to play in the Premier League. So, we were suspicious that they had lined up their own deal and were waiting to see what offer we would accept in order to inform the rest of the market what we would be willing to accept, therefore he could then go to a club who had bid below what they may have lined up with another club and they would get a bigger proportional cut of the fee. Paddy McNair has played very few games and has been injury prone, only one club has tried to match Middlesbrough’s valuation of him, that’s Stoke.

ALS: What about Kone?

SD: Kone has been very quiet and his agent hasn’t said anything, and we have a feeling that they are playing the long game and waiting for us to panic on transfer deadline day and accept a much lower offer. We want fees on every single player, there’s three or four that wouldn’t command a fee, but McNair said he didn’t want to play, but we haven’t had an offer that matches our valuation, so we will keep him. Naturally, his agent protested and said, ‘yeah but you’ll need to sell him.’ That’s not the case, like I said earlier it’s not going anywhere if we can generate income elsewhere which will mean he can stay here unless our valuation is met. After speaking to 75% of the squad, Jack Ross reported back that only Ethan Robson wanted to stay and after he held discussions with the other 25%, three or four more expressed a desire to stay. Each player has an individual value and we will be determined to not sell for less thank these market values. There is still a discrepancy because we still need to pay money owed on the likes of Didier Ndong, Ricky Alvarez and other signings we’ve made over the past few years and we have an agreement with Ellis thereby he will split the money with outstanding payments, 50:50. If we don’t get what is on the sheet for Ndong then we can fund the shortfall. In terms of the fit and proper persons test we were cautious on money generated in player sales but we were strong on the way we can bring costs down etc. I had to prove I had the funds to cover the running of the club even if there was no player sales and obviously I met that criteria. To be honest if we sat down in a room we probably could have done it in half a day, all of money has come from heavily regulated businesses. Regulated far tougher than any football club, it’s not like I’m a gunman from Peru! There are quite a lot of variables and we have a lot of work to do to fit our own business plan.

she's fucked off from the club with a payoff for the johnson thing, then taken a heap of their players on as agent and is playing hardball with the club over contracts so they've decided to threaten her, is that the basics?

was a confusing post about someone seeing videos of her or something that didn't seem to fit

Gave Cattermole a 5 year contract extension then becomes his agent.  :lol:

nothingtoseehere.gif

This is great.  Rightly or wrongly if they start to play hardball, the players will just sit on their lengthy high-paid contracts draining the club of cash.

Owing £4.5m on Oviedo :lol: :lol:  The thing about Rodwell too, if he has fulfilled the obligations of this 'loyalty bonus' the payment is due, no matter what you think.

After all the mackem's fawning over McNair for it now to be made public that he doesn't want to play for them ever again is a right kick in the stotts.

As much as 'Don' may talk tough, players and their agents have all the power in football these days. If Sunderland won't accept the fees offered they'll be stuck with unhappy players which will be great for the already poisonous atmosphere of the club. Players they look to sign won't like the idea of going to a club which tries to hold them hostage (even though players do that to clubs). I'm sure they'll not be impressed with him blabbing in public about players and their contracts. He knows what he's said about players will result in fans abusing and threatening players via social media (or in person if they see them).

So 75% of their squad want to leave. Have they sold anyone yet? Have they bought anyone yet? Great preparation for the new season in 6 weeks. Especially when their rivals have more or less settled squads.

This whole club ownership change has the potential to be absolutely funny as fuck. Just bubbling under at the moment.

Aye. Looks like they're only just starting to realise how far out of their depth they are, things could unravel quite quickly.

3 in a row anyone?

:lol: Jesus Christ. Is this the biggest gobshite football club owner around? The likes of Gold/Sullivan and Simon Jordan are pricks and may have talked a lot of shit but I don't recall them coming out and basically calling half their club's squad out. :lol: Genius plan, Stewie. Tell everyone you can't afford these players but that you won't be held to ransom. Why has no one thought of this before?

After speaking to 75% of the squad, Jack Ross reported back that only Ethan Robson wanted to stay

So basically everyone wants out except this lad, and whilst I don't follow this rabble to any degree I've literally never seen his name until now. Amazing. :D

Rodwell has actually been very reasonable throughout the process, although we have refused him a loyalty bonus because he hasn’t been loyal

Is that even legal?  Surely it's a contractually agreed payment based on the number of years of his contracts that he completes.

Rodwell has actually been very reasonable throughout the process, although we have refused him a loyalty bonus because he hasn’t been loyal

Is that even legal?  Surely it's a contractually agreed payment based on the number of years of his contracts that he completes.

Knowing this guy it's probably the first Rodwell's heard of this development. Would love it if he challenges him on it and racks up yet another debt against their classy name.

Guest chopey

I do think its a joke if Rodwell gets a loyalty bonus like

It's not like a moral concept though. It's conditional on him staying there, which he has

Did Coleman not say he went missing though? his bonus is not for staying at Sunderland its for staying alive.

I do think its a joke if Rodwell gets a loyalty bonus like

It's not like a moral concept though. It's conditional on him staying there, which he has

Yep. It runs from day one and until the day you leave, be that through being sold, released or at the end of the contract. The amount they get in loyalty bonus depends on how far into their contract they have come.

Guest ElCid

As much as 'Don' may talk tough, players and their agents have all the power in football these days. If Sunderland won't accept the fees offered they'll be stuck with unhappy players which will be great for the already poisonous atmosphere of the club. Players they look to sign won't like the idea of going to a club which tries to hold them hostage (even though players do that to clubs). I'm sure they'll not be impressed with him blabbing in public about players and their contracts. He knows what he's said about players will result in fans abusing and threatening players via social media (or in person if they see them).

So 75% of their squad want to leave. Have they sold anyone yet? Have they bought anyone yet? Great preparation for the new season in 6 weeks. Especially when their rivals have more or less settled squads.

It was obvious from the start these 2 were chancers and bit by bit the true story is coming out and I'm certain a lot more will emerge also about certain parachute payments and such. Trying to play hard ball and he is going to be left totally fucked - the high earners either stay meaning they can't afford the total running costs and left with players not giving a fuck about the club or to even try if they are selected. If they leave it will be at the last minute meaning that fees are either heavily reduced or out on loan and paying part of the wages despite what the chancer says. The players and agents (and their ex CEO is playing a blinder) as you say hold all the power now. The daft twat has gambled on getting good money for players to pay for the running of the club and to get players in on the cheap; totally not taking into consideration that they are a desperate third division club and that other teams know this. He's also forget to mention until recently the transfer money they still owe and these sudden unexpected legal fees appearing. But let's remember they are not in debt - popcorn at the ready this is going to be as funny as fuck.