Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

One of their new owners was on Total Sport last night and playing up to the fans again.  Talking about how they have sold 22,000 season tickets, he mentioned that he remembers how Newcastle only use to have 10,000 when Ardiles was manager.  Why would someone in a senior position within a club feel the need to say such a thing.

Quite apart from how small time it is for a rival club's official to go on like this, when Ossie was our manager, season tickets were only available in the two seated stands and the Milburn paddock,  combined capacity of about 12,000.

One of their new owners was on Total Sport last night and playing up to the fans again.  Talking about how they have sold 22,000 season tickets, he mentioned that he remembers how Newcastle only use to have 10,000 when Ardiles was manager.  Why would someone in a senior position within a club feel the need to say such a thing.

Quite apart from how small time it is for a rival club's official to go on like this, when Ossie was our manager, season tickets were only available in the two seated stands and the Milburn paddock,  combined capacity of about 12,000.

We only had 4000 season ticket holders back in those days. I used to have one in the East Stand Paddocks under the boxes.

We only had 4000 season ticket holders back in those days. I used to have one in the East Stand Paddocks under the boxes.

Yes and my point was that season tickets weren't available for the Gallowgate and I (and many others I knew at the time) would have bought one. Our season ticket holder statistics at that time were artificially skewed because of this.

some sort of obsession to know how many season tickets a club you have no interest in had twenty years ago. Wonder if he compared it with his new club back then ?

Owners enjoying a few drinks:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/stuart-charlie-and-juan-all-in-the-colliery.1440395/page-5

My favourite post:

"Just been in and spoke to Juan he says that his ambition is to win the Premier league within 5 years and even in Uruguay its well known that the mags are deluded and a laughing stock and also Rafa needs to stop whining on blaming Ashley and do his job the fat waste of space. top bloke like really liked him came across well"

:lol:  :lol: