Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

As for the Stewart Donald tweet - the amount of blank faces whenever the word Sunderland comes up, the majority have no idea what a Sunderland is. True story.

Yet to meet anyone in the US that knows what Sunderland is. Not that it comes up organically, but when discussing football and me being a Newcastle fan, the conversations sometimes go to "who's your rivals" and when I say "Sunderland" is when the blank face arrives. They'd been expecting Man Utd/Liverpool or some club they've heard of I reckon.

That said, I think most actually only really know of us due to Shearer, as it seems like some kind of name association game every time it comes up:

"Who do you support?"

"Newcastle"

"Ahh, Alan Shearer."

40,000 of them giving it  Sunderland til I die tomorrow. We know the real story though. Great excuse for a weekend  on the piss but let's not forget the criteria for your 1st team to participate  is to be in one of the bottom  2 divisions.

It’s times like this I wish things were a bit less daft between us.  On derby day hate each other, laugh at bad results each team has but on days like today support the north east.  I just can’t stomach it though due to the utter hatred they seem to have towards us.

Guest covmag

It’s times like this I wish things were a bit less daft between us.  On derby day hate each other, laugh at bad results each team has but on days like today support the north east.  I just can’t stomach it though due to the utter hatred they seem to have towards us.

It's called rivalry, fucking tramps to a man and I wish them all the pain in the world in the 3rd division cup, go lift the thing, the come down will be in less than 3 days when they try and avoid the play offs in the 3rd division, a division they should have walked.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Sub humans acting sub human shocker

Wat? :lol: Newcastle supporters have left similar states when we have played in Europe etc.

Bruges was left clean when we were there.

Wat? :lol: Newcastle supporters have left similar states when we have played in Europe etc.

:lol: not sure if this is a joke.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: You're joking, aye?

Guest neesy111

Looks like a typical living rewm in Pennywell, marra.

Thought it was their pitch for a minute. Then realised there wasn’t enough crisp packets.

Needs Greggs bags as well.

Hopefully some of them can go back and assist with the clean up after the game as a gesture of respect - otherwise, little bit shite that tbh; not saying our fans en masse wouldn't cause the same mess, but you hope there's no tourists arriving in London for the first time today to visit The Royal Mews and The Mall and end up seeing this.

Hopefully some of them can go back and assist with the clean up after the game as a gesture of respect - otherwise, little bit s**** that tbh; not saying our fans en masse wouldn't cause the same mess, but you hope there's no tourists arriving in London for the first time today to visit The Royal Mews and The Mall and end up seeing this.

Surely already cleaned up by now, no?

Guest neesy111

Hopefully some of them can go back and assist with the clean up after the game as a gesture of respect - otherwise, little bit s**** that tbh; not saying our fans en masse wouldn't cause the same mess, but you hope there's no tourists arriving in London for the first time today to visit The Royal Mews and The Mall and end up seeing this.

Surely already cleaned up by now, no?

Yes it will be.