Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

so he's 100% right then, the don?  all the immediate risk is on them

kind of ignores what the americans would do if they ended up with a L1 club bleeding money mind

Sell off the assets to make the money back. Its bloody obvious, they're hardly giving them a loan so they can take Sunderland to the top.

Guest godzilla

so he's 100% right then, the don?  all the immediate risk is on them

kind of ignores what the americans would do if they ended up with a L1 club bleeding money mind

Thing is some of them lot are trying to portray it as investment and not as a loan:

1. If it is investment why are the Americans putting in the agreement that failure to pay will result in them owning the club. That's not investment.

2. Why would the 'chancers' agree to this 'investment' if they are going to lose the club for £9 million (reported loan) with nothing in return.

The way it looks to me is that the Americans have looked to takeover, have been put off when doing the DD stage; and found that the club is not currently worth what the asking price is and could cost a fortune to get to the stage where it's even making money.

The 'chancers' have panicked as the club is losing money and need money put in urgently to cover costs and hopefully gain promotion. If they don't and with the parachute payments gone they are totally fucked. They are imho banking on gaining promotion to sell at the price they want (if not more) by being in the Championship.

Seen some of the mackems stating that billionaires would not just loan a few million to make a few million profit (we don't know the terms of the interest) as they don't need to. That's not how money people work if there is a guaranteed way to make any money (which is with this agreement) then they will. The Americans have played a blinder if the 'chancers' fail to pay up the loan then they get control of the club and can sell, loan (ala Coventry) or even redevelop as they choose. If they do repay the loan then they still have made a few million.

If I was a Sunderland fan I would be extremely concerned.

They wouldn't be worried about us if the situation was reversed.

covmag hates the mackems as much as he does Ashley.  I'm sure his comments were dropped in sarcasm.  ?

True, seriously though the thought of no more derbies would be sad mind, derby day is one of the best buzzes I’ve had in football , it genuinely would be a shame if it never happened again.

I would however laugh me tits off if these went non league  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

These are fucked like, Don and Charlie boy are the biggest chancers in all of football, but FTM lol

Aye, at least Almiron hasn't scored yet.

You have to fear for them when he does get on the scoresheet.

Guest godzilla

Why do people keep talking about the imminent ending of the parachute payments being a bad thing for them? Weren't they supposedly going straight to Short anyway, so were of no relevance?

And that's why they have had to take out a loan to cover costs. They can't keep covering costs with loans as it's not sustainable in division 1. They have took a massive gamble in getting back up this year with a loan to try and achieve that. Failure to do so will put them in serious s***.

Why do people keep talking about the imminent ending of the parachute payments being a bad thing for them? Weren't they supposedly going straight to Short anyway, so were of no relevance?

Marrachute man.

:lol:

OK, but my point stands. Why do people talk as if their loss is of any relevance if they've been going straight to Short? Or am I missing something?

Nope, Donny Spiv is risking the club's existence on going back up, potentially.

Guest Howaythetoon

My five year old has been invited to train at their academy...

The’ve been watching him for a while now so I knew it was coming. NUFC have too, but they can fuck off! Gonna take him Thursday and see what it’s all about, gonna just treat it like an extra training session. I’m very proud though as it’s all off his own back since the WC last year when he got interested in it, there is nowt I can teach him.

OK, but my point stands. Why do people talk as if their loss is of any relevance if they've been going straight to Short? Or am I missing something?

No one really has a clue what state their in but division 3 football is setting them back a million miles from the top flight.im beginning to think it could be 20 years unless a sugar daddy with billions wants a play thing , they are yet to get it and with every season out the cost shoots up , I dont think they are in big trouble if they dont go up this season it will just make it the more harder to compete at a top level as prices in all divisions rise transfer wise.

Their crowds will dip a few thousand inevitably its started this season (I think) without checking.

Guest Howaythetoon

You could teach him how to type out insanely long posts.

He’s been able to do that since he was one man :lol:

Priorities!

Very lucky for him to potentially be signed by their academy. I hope he makes it. I have a 6 year old who I'm sure wont ever make a pro but I'm so proud of him just getting a goal or whatever.

You must be immensely proud.