Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

If he ever makes it big you know those photos will come back to haunt him with the Neanderthals down there. :lol:

Never thought of that :lol:

To be fair, all the Geordie parents get a photo of their kid in Toon top next to their badge near the entrance and seriously, out of respect I thought nah, these are here to help my son and are going to invest time and money into him so let’s not take the piss. They’ll be happy I’m sure knowing a Mag chose them over their own :(

Adamo 7, remember the name  O0

Proud dad moment for me at least and it’s all my boy’s own doing, it’s his hard work, it’s his love of playing and learning, it’s his dream and there’s nowt he can’t achieve if he puts the effort and love in as he’s done since he first started kicking a ball about seriously over a year ago thanks to the WC in Russia. :thup:

Absolutely chuffed for you and your lad! As a long-time soccer dad (my player started at age 4 and she's almost 16 now), it's wonderful to see them gain work ethic, confidence, knowledge of the game and become a team player. So much valuable stuff apart from the footie. Congrats and love to the whole HTT family!

Guest Howaythetoon

Proud dad moment for me at least and it’s all my boy’s own doing, it’s his hard work, it’s his love of playing and learning, it’s his dream and there’s nowt he can’t achieve if he puts the effort and love in as he’s done since he first started kicking a ball about seriously over a year ago thanks to the WC in Russia. :thup:

Absolutely chuffed for you and your lad! As a long-time soccer dad (my player started at age 4 and she's almost 16 now), it's wonderful to see them gain work ethic, confidence, knowledge of the game and become a team player. So much valuable stuff apart from the footie. Congrats and love to the whole HTT family!

Cheers man :thup:

Well I had my little man there tonight at the academy for the first time and he loved it, he was a little nervous to start with but his old team-mate goes so when he seen him he was buzzing. And I have to say the staff were great with us both, especially my boy. I had my Newcastle bobble hat on and my boy had his retro Toon kit on so there was some canny gentle mickey taking, but again they were amazing from the security to the coaches and the under 21/none senior groups.

The facilities are superb and we got shown around and even met some first team players, I wouldn’t have a clue who they were mind sorry :lol: It was boring for us parents as we can’t watch them at this age (6), but we were allowed to watch their under 10s play in the big ‘barn’ as they call it and man, seriously, my son has a long way to go and there is some amazing talent in the N.E.

I was massively impressed by the standard and the coaches, all young lads themselves and just the whole experience. My son again loved it and I thought it was a couple of weeks thing, but it’s not, it ends when they break up at school for the summer hols. I’m confident he’ll be kept on, but it’s up to him, the standard is high, but they aren’t looking for world-beaters and they want to develop each kid the same along the same ideals and principles.

Anyway... my (already) little superstar (to me)  :smitten:

6-D916090-2268-4-FAE-9-BDA-E61310-C3-F9-DD.jpg

729-D31-DC-39-C0-41-AF-9086-604-ECFA6-CCB0.jpg

6-BC4-F7-A9-7-F24-448-F-B77-B-3-ED7995-E7118.jpg

As an aside, there are lots of kids there who are also at NUFC and Boro and pretty much everyone I’ve spoken to said SAFC is the best, NUFC is the worst and when it comes to the time they will have to choose, even the staunchest of a Geordies/Black & White’s pretty much said they’d pick SAFC any day of the week. That breaks my heart I won’t lie, and it’s not about facilities either, it’s about how they are with the kids, with parents, how the coaches are, what they do, and what they are all about. NUFC can spend millions on facilities, but you can’t just buy top people and NUFC will always have to buy top players as a result, because any top player we do produce, will not be by design...

Love it!

What heritage are you HTT? If you don't mind me asking. Ive read your stuff on here for years but had realised that you or the Mrs were... jeez how do I end that sentence without sounding racist?  :lol: :lol:

It doesn't matter whatsoever mind, I'm just a nosy bugger. Congrats on the young man, I've got a lad the same age and would be doing cartwheels! Excellent stuff.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cheers people, I’m proud of my boy because again all this, it’s all him, his passion, his progress, his entire game, he’s the one doing it. I’m just a taxi and a cash point. And I’ve impressed that on him and how proud of himself he should be and how happy I am for him that he is doing something he just loves doing that makes him so happy and gives him so much joy and fun.

Where this leads, he’s the boss of that, I’m just there to support him.

He’s fucking mint though seriously and he could get 100 caps for England or be playing for a pub team when he’s older, he’ll always be the best player I’ll ever see play with my own tow eyes and I’ll always love watching him play.

Back to SAFC, we were way early and as soon as we pressed the buzzer we were greeted like star player and agent without being fawned over firstly by an old bloke in his 60s suited and proudly wearing various SAFC badges, show racism the red card and other stuff badges etc. and he could have easily told us to go wait in the parents lounge, but he didn’t. He give us his own personal tour of the place. A lifelong mackem whose dad would watch NUFC when they were playing away and would take him.

When he saw the 70s retro kit my boy had on with the city crest he regaled us with a few memories of his own from various derby matches between SAFC and NUFC. There was mickey taking and the bairn was nervous, but when he seen the ‘barn’ and where they train he was in awe. Then we saw where he would be trying, the gym and to a young academy trainer to senior players they were all great with us and made us feel like we weren’t there for an a;point meant, an induction, for a training session, but that this is your club all the same.

The parents lounge has a free vending machine, I was asked if I’d like someone to get me a coffee. After that mini tour we were intro used to various coaches, the other kids already at the academy come in and they were all made to meet and greet my son and then we were shown around again. Seeing my 6 year old looking back at me a tad nervous while he went with the coach and kids he had never met (one he knows) I was so worried for him. 1.15 late and he’s buzzing and loving it and fooling around with the coach and other kids.

Daft little stuff I know, but all added up, they made us so welcome, so at easy and fully part of it all that by the end we felt like we’ve been going every Thursday for months and next week can’t come quick enough for my little man. I know he’s in good hands and they’ll take great care of him.

One last thing before this becomes a thesis, we were introduced to the under 10 squad and they were great with my boy, whose your age player, where do you play etc. and when they form a team the kids get their own mini dressing room, with showers, their names on lockers, kit pegs and they have tactics boards and TVs for analysis and get full access to all areas of the academy, I’m ten and I’m playing for a professional club, I have my own locker with my own name and peg? You can’t not be inspired, you can’t not want to get into that first team and be a pro.

I may or may not be able to compare SAFC against NUFC soon...

One last thing before this becomes a thesis, we were introduced to the under 10 squad and they were great with my boy, whose your age player, where do you play etc. and when they form a team the kids get their own mini dressing room, with showers, their names on lockers, kit pegs and they have tactics boards and TVs for analysis and get full access to all areas of the academy, I’m ten and I’m playing for a professional club, I have my own locker with my own name and peg? You can’t not be inspired, you can’t not want to get into that first team and be a pro.

I may or may not be able to compare SAFC against NUFC soon...

Ah but do they get their own mini wheely bin to cool off? 3rd Division trash ;)

Brilliant crack for the lad tho, great stuff  O0

Guest Howaythetoon

And he’s now been invited to Newcastle United’s academy, they approached us this morning after no doubt liking what they saw from my little man, arguably the best he’s ever played! Conflicted...

Looking more and more like they’re taking off now. Got them at 10s, they’re down to 7/1 now.

Aye they have clicked into gear like and I would be shocked if they don't go up. I don't know what has changed for them in the last few weeks? Must be gewch.

At least they will still be a league below the mags which is their yardstick and all they care about so they still won't be happy