Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Be 1 point off the play offs when they win today, Lincoln are woeful away, never understood why everyone was writing them off weeks ago, you knew they would come good eventually, they’re shite but the team is as good as any in League 1, they’ll go up this season

Be 1 point off the play offs when they win today, Lincoln are woeful away, never understood why everyone was writing them off weeks ago, you knew they would come good eventually, they’re shite but the team is as good as any in League 1, they’ll go up this season

Nope they wont you need to beat teams around you to go up in 23 games they've still not beat a team in the top 12

Nope they wont you need to beat teams around you to go up in 23 games they've still not beat a team in the top 12

Beat Portsmouth didn't they?

Whilst progress on the pitch has been slower than all associated with Sunderland AFC would have liked, the club has become one of the very few in the EFL to be debt free and break even on an operational basis.

Best be careful, they'll be coming for our balance sheet NETD title.

"Debt free".

Apart from the £10m loan they've just taken out.

"the significant investment by FPP"

It's Investment, Marra... honest  :lol:

Must remember to thank Halifax for significantly investing in my house...

"Debt free".

Must remember to thank Halifax for significantly investing in my house...

Its amazing that 'The Don' (under questioning during an interview on the show) admitted on BBC Newcastle that it was actually a loan secured on the club, but now he's getting stick again, the official line (in that club statement above) seems to be that it's an 'investment' again.

Pure charlatan, that bloke.

"Debt free".

Yet it's secured against the 2 key assets they have.

Guest Howaythetoon

Well that’s my little man officially confirmed by SAFC, he starts next Thursday and I’m super proud of him because it’s all his own doing. He played against NUFC and Boro academy kids at the weekend and bossed it, ran the show. He got 2, but his passing, work rate, constant demands for the ball, leadership and using his left foot a lot was what stood out that and some tricks he’s been practicing on his own coming off was a joy too. Over to the dark side now I guess :lol:

Well that’s my little man officially confirmed by SAFC, he starts next Thursday and I’m super proud of him because it’s all his own doing. He played against NUFC and Boro academy kids at the weekend and bossed it, ran the show. He got 2, but his passing, work rate, constant demands for the ball, leadership and using his left foot a lot was what stood out that and some tricks he’s been practicing on his own coming off was a joy too. Over to the dark side now I guess :lol:

Genuine question - do you think that his prospects are better at Sunderland than at Newcastle? Thinking about coaching, facilities etc. I have no real knowledge of Sunderland's youth programme, but I know yours has been a bit sketchy over the last few years.

Guest Howaythetoon

Genuine question - do you think that his prospects are better at Sunderland than at Newcastle? Thinking about coaching, facilities etc. I have no real knowledge of Sunderland's youth programme, but I know yours has been a bit sketchy over the last few years.

Dunno, last experienced NUFC’s system personally over a decade ago, know lots of young coaches there, parents with kids and know they are also interested in my son. Wor lass’ friends/cousins has a few kids in there too and one who I won’t name will be a top player and we have very good coaches at under 11 down. I’ve heard very bad things about them though sadly. For now, I’m just treating it as another form of training for him like his Futsal, but if he likes it and they like him I’m gonna push him because this is all his own doing seriously, since watching the WC in 2018, I don’t push him at all, I’m just his taxi and cash machine for strips etc. And thanks man :thup: Think I’m more excited tbh!

Dunno, last experienced NUFC’s system personally over a decade ago, know lots of young coaches there, parents with kids and know they are also interested in my son. Wor lass’ friends/cousins has a few kids in there too and one who I won’t name will be a top player and we have very good coaches at under 11 down. I’ve heard very bad things about them though sadly. For now, I’m just treating it as another form of training for him like his Futsal, but if he likes it and they like him I’m gonna push him because this is all his own doing seriously, since watching the WC in 2018, I don’t push him at all, I’m just his taxi and cash machine for strips etc. And thanks man :thup: Think I’m more excited tbh!

That's probably for the best! You will have a good perspective on how important this could be for his development - both on the field and off it.