Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I vaguely remember Bristol Rovers beating us 2-0 at home during the Ardilles era. (I could be wrong)

They did and I was there that day. Had Devon White playing for them, IIRC. Infact, it might have been Ossie Ardiles' first game as manager.

it was. April 1st as well!

they've got the easiest of the run-ins.

They will lose another 4 games, They have been lucky scrapping 1-0 wins whilst playing utter shit and grabbing late equalisers against coventry and Fleetwood at home

These wont make the play offs, everyone above them has at least 1 game in hand now and a bad run has you drop out  completely just look how Ipswich have plummeted

Another season in league 1 will fuck them 60% of that squad is out of contract in the summer. As I said administration beckons for these

they've got the easiest of the run-ins.

They will lose another 4 games, They have been lucky scrapping 1-0 wins whilst playing utter shit and grabbing late equalisers against coventry and Fleetwood at home

These wont make the play offs, everyone above them has at least 1 game in hand now and a bad run has you drop out  completely just look how Ipswich have plummeted

Another season in league 1 will fuck them 60% of that squad is out of contract in the summer. As I said administration beckons for these

Lets not get ahead of ourselves like. They'll not go into admin. Donald will flog it before they do. I reckon they'll make the playoffs as well.

Aye, keep hearing (on Totalsport mainly) things like 'For a club of our size / stature' when they talk about results.

Latest being last night - "With respect to Bristol Rovers, a club of our stature shouldn't be getting beat 2-0 off them"

At what point does it sink in (with fans and media alike) that they are now a 3rd division club, and no longer a big club thats having a bad spell?

But the most unbelievable part of all that is that they call us the deluded ones. The total lack of self-awareness amongst them is staggering

Apparently they’ve only been in the top 2 in League One once since getting there. That was because they won a lunchtime kick-off.

Imagine choosing a twitter name of 'toosb' - Jesus wept - they never fail to amaze.

Utter vile.

(assuming it stands for "There's only one senile bastard" which I'm certain it will do)

it does kidda. he confirmed that years ago on skunkers.

Who is It directed at then?

Jimmy Hill, surely?

He had dementia and is hated enough that they still feel the need to fight his statue.

RTG has a running in-joke about Newcastle fans Shouting at Shops (Protests at Sport Direct stores), and yet completely ignore that they shout at statues.

See also, NUFC Horse Punchers compared to SAFC Stadium Shiters.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hope they go up and then become a perennial mid-table Championship club. Too many people and their jobs behind the scenes depend on the club getting out of League One!

Guest godzilla

I hope they go up and then become a perennial mid-table Championship club. Too many people and their jobs behind the scenes depend on the club getting out of League One!

f*** that I hope they implode into oblivion.

Same, get the Mackem f***ers in the conference

Fuck that I hope they implode into oblivion.

Totally. Fuck the mackem bastards. They can carry on dropping like a stone for me.

f*** that I hope they implode into oblivion.

Same, get the Mackem f***ers in the conference

Fuck that backwater. I want the club to go bust and the town to implode.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d rather Mike Ashley’s club beat them to that...

I’m biased sorry I know, in all honesty though I’m so disenfranchised from NUFC/football now, I don’t even see SAFC as the dirty sad mackem bastards/rivals anymore etc.

They could be any non nondescript club for all I care in that sense. Whatever helps aid my son/his fellow team-mates development and his coaches careers there the better for me and that means promotion.

I’m past caring about rivalries, not when the whole concept, tradition, history and meaning has been lost to wankers like Ashley and the Don and consumers, wrapped up in a sport that should be banned from using such terms.

I’m a good sport like that you see...

Yep, just misery please.

I’d like them in the Deadpool tank. Alive but just staying alive is a constant struggle every single second, perpetually clinging on for survival for eternity. That would be cool. 

Fingers crossed they miss the play-offs all together, and are absolutely fucked financially too.

Its the same problem as last season tho, do we risk them getting into the play-offs as it'd once again be hilarious watching them lose at wembo, at the risk of them winning at wembo? So would it be better they went up in 2nd spot.

Comforting that the 3 teams promoted from league 1 last season occupy the bottom 3 spots in the Championship this season.

They are "almost established" as a genuine Third Division Club.

Shortly, no-one will be saying that they shouldn't be down there, as they will have fully become a club of that level.

Financially, these days I do not see how they could ever afford to get any higher ever again than the very occasional (short) stay near the bottom of the 2nd Division, then back down again.

Basically, after this season as they face another empty season in the third division, we can say (as my Sat-Nav does) . .  "You have reached your destination"

;D

If they don’t go up then they will be in some trouble.

The teams around the playoffs have been around there for a few years and will be growing each year. The likes of Ipswich should have a better season next season, and the teams coming down will likely be the teams who just go-yo, possibly one of them being a big name faller. All of whom you would put up as favourites next season.

Meanwhile Sunderland will have a squad building exercise on their hands. The brought in Scottish division 1 players last season, with a couple of big names who failed. Now they know they Scottish players aren’t good enough, and the big names aren’t up to the job. Where are they going to get the players from?

If they don’t go up, will their manager even stay?

Not going this season could be what keeps them down there for a very long time.