Watford 2-1 Newcastle United - 05/05/18 - post match reaction from page 13

Greg

At least it sounds like we gave it a good go in the second half. Another crap result though and five defeats in a row to end the season looks like a very strong possibility.

Not sure if anyone noticed but Deulofeu wasn't tracking back which gave Yedlin a lot of room. Surprised the commentator didn't mention it

The commentator I was listening to pointed it out many times.

Not sure if anyone noticed but Deulofeu wasn't tracking back which gave Yedlin a lot of room. Surprised the commentator didn't mention it

Aye mine too. Not sure who you were listening to joey.

Areet Mr Whoosh.

Commentators cream over Shelvey every time he touches the ball too, they obviously want him on the plane to Russia :lol:

He played well 2nd half but literally every pass was described as delightful. He could have played a 4 yarder back to Big Mart and it would have been delightful.

Was always going to be hard to keep the intensity up once safety was achieved. I know Rafa won't be happy but it might be better with regards investment from Ashley.......if we'd blitzed the last 5 games and finished 8th, he might have just thought he didn't need any new players.

He'll probably give him fuck all anyway, so just ignore my last point.

We could finish so low. look at the number of teams on 41 points

Watford have Man Utd, Bournmouth have Burnley and Palace have West Brom. Even if they all won, we'd only need to win one from our last two games and our GD will see us above them all.