Player of the Season - Jamaal Lascelles

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I voted for Mo, thought he had an incredible second half of the season. Was a tough call between him and Jamaal but he won us games by winning and dominating the midfield against some impressive opponents. In the modern era, midfielders are so important on which team dictates and plays on the front foot. Diame has out played players such as Pogba and Kante to name a few.

Want it to be Diame. What a transformation a bust-up with the captain can make. Would have gone with Lascelles but he did have a few nightmarish moments this season though it might not have cost us any games or points. Plus, he was expected to be great anyways.

But Diame..what a player for us after turning his season around.

The thing is if you swapped Diame’s two halves of the season around, i’m sure plenty would be saying “can’t vote for Diame as he was so poor after Xmas”. That said to go from someone that virtually no-one wanted to see anywhere near the starting eleven, to someone who’s consistently bossing the likes of Pogba and Kante, is astonishing.

It’s across the whole season though, and for that reason it has to be Lascelles.

I think most of the people on here wanted rid of Ayoze up till around a month ago (me included). The last few games he has shown what he is capable of...

Voted for Kenedy (Lascelles a deserving winner tbh), think he made the biggest difference to our team (could say same about Dubravka - he has steadied the defense incredibly), if he had been here from the start I reckon we would be in eighth...

Rafa is my player of the season. He played through 11 vessels really.

Although for me Perez was very underrated first half of the season, if you look at the stats you realise we played better with him in the team (same as Lascelles really) but in a he second half of the season he propelled us into the Top 10.

Thought most players had good seasons though.

Tough one, Shelvey has came on leaps and bounds, Merino was great but missed most of the season due to injury.

Las Elle’s has to be the one though. When we went through our rough patch it was because he was missing.

I hope this is auto-correct. No wait, I don't.

Could be any of Lascelles, Shelvey, Diame or Perez. Although many others have been absolutely solid too. Incredible really, what a tune Rafa has got out of them.

Going for Shelvey as he's utterly brilliant to watch and we would suffer so much without his positive passing in the team.

This, and this, and this.

How fucking good has it been to watch Shelvey playing magic football for the Toon in 2018!

Tough one, Shelvey has came on leaps and bounds, Merino was great but missed most of the season due to injury.

Las Elle’s has to be the one though. When we went through our rough patch it was because he was missing.

I hope this is auto-correct. No wait, I don't.

:lol: :lol: