Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark - FRA & DEN advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

France need a better manager. How do you get this group of players playing such static, disjointed football? Pretty poor so far, genuinely enjoyed Morocco/Iran more.

They don't have any midfielders who can control a game, and no striker that can hold it up

Mbappe is the business. Super talented and explosive player.

Think the French team's issues are in midfield. I love Kante, but apart from him Pogba and Tolisso don't play with enough urgency getting the attackers the ball.

France need a better manager. How do you get this group of players playing such static, disjointed football? Pretty poor so far, genuinely enjoyed Morocco/Iran more.

They don't have any midfielders who can control a game, and no striker that can hold it up

Pogba and Kante can, but they’re playing shit.

Never thought Deschamps was up to much. Such a boring manager. Majorly culpable IMO.

:thup:

They actually looked better a few years ago with an arguably weaker team but with the likes of Cabaye & Giroud - even Gignac playing for reasons you have stated.

Pogba and Kante can, but they’re playing shit.

Nah, Pogba goes for the killer pass too often, and Kante just keeps it simple all the time

What's the biggest upset to happen in the World Cup?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking France-Sengal in 2002 but feel I'm missing some an obvious one in recent years

North Korea / South Korea v Italy

Cameroon v Argentina

Think France need to drop one of Tolisso or Pogba for a clear number 10 that is just behind the striker, Fekir is really great int hat position.

Pogba and Tolisso don't really make runs into more forward positions in support of the strikers to cause a bit more problems.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking France-Sengal in 2002 but feel I'm missing some an obvious one in recent years

England held group winners Costa Rica to a 0-0

Gotta be happy with that first half performance. Yeah, we're don't know how to time a tackle, but fuck me those French fucks flop around.

Obviously the back four very good, but especially Sainsbury and Milligan. Behich the only good thing on the left - Kruse hasn't had a touch, nor has Rogic. We don't look like scoring, but here's hoping we can keep holding them out :thup:

North Korea / South Korea v Italy

Cameroon v Argentina

:thup: Just reading about that first one, didn't realise it happened at Middlesbrough

Alex Scott is an acceptable replacement for Fabregas as the punditry eye candy.

She's also a better pundit than Phil Neville.

Been impressed with her. Knows what she's on about and just comes across really well.

Think France need to drop one of Tolisso or Pogba for a clear number 10 that is just behind the striker, Fekir is really great int hat position.

Pogba and Tolisso don't really make runs into more forward positions in support of the strikers to cause a bit more problems.

Griezmann works really well as a 10 playing off a target man like Giroud.