Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Nigeria is still Nigeria. Likeable, spirited, and crap.

What? This team is not spirited or likeable. They are just crap.

The team is chaotic and feisty, and unlike true turboshit teams like Saudi Arabia there's actual footballing talent on the pitch. That makes it likeable to me.

But the whole thing adds up to a big amount of nothing.

Don’t know if I’ve over did it with football today or it was the game itself but I could last half an hour and had to find something else to do.

Hopefully batteries are recharged for tomorrow.

Nigeria's national team typifies Nigeria as a country. A failed state that is barely holding together at the seams and provides nothing but embarrassment and shame for its people on a daily basis. The primary objective of 99 percent of Nigerians is to get the hell out that God-forsaken country as fast as possible, and I cannot say that I am any different. We have brilliant academics, medics, etc. succeeding all throughout the world, but the country itself fails in all of these areas. No different than how we have hundreds of players making themselves rich from football in Europe and over the world but the country itself fails repeatedly. Countries like Iran have nothing in terms of player talent, but makes themselves competitive just through graft and organisation. It is not that difficult, ffs. I guess I am the fool for coming out here to watch them.

The performance was typical. Corners against Naija are like penalties against any other team and it has been this way for years. Every World Cup they concede multiple times from set pieces. Croatia didn't even have to bother creating any real chances for themselves for the Eagles to spread their legs. The attack was of course stilted, hesitant play in first gear despite being being one of the quicker teams in the tournament. I'll never understand it. Rubbish.

The team is chaotic and feisty, and unlike true turboshit teams like Saudi Arabia there's actual footballing talent on the pitch. That makes it likeable to me.

Yeah, perhaps. I'm just really disappointed, personally.

They're forcing some of the older statesmen in the team, but they shouldn't be playing.

Iheanacho and Musa have to be in there from the outset. Moses and Obi Mikel shouldn't be. Not in that 4-3-3 setup anyway.

Roy Keane seems to hate Bilic and seems to really not like Croatia ?

I've always felt that Roy Keane hates everything and everyone.

Yep. No idea why they persist with the moody cunt as a 'pundit'. There's really little point. He is just a total curmudgeon.

They're forcing some of the older statesmen in the team, but they shouldn't be playing.

Iheanacho and Musa have to be in there from the outset. Moses and Obi Mikel shouldn't be. Not in that 4-3-3 setup anyway.

Mikel is doing alright. At least he can control a ball to some degree. Moses should never see that pitch for the national team again after the nonsense he has now pulled in two consecutive World Cups.

Nigeria's national team typifies Nigeria as a country. A failed state that is barely holding together at the seams and provides nothing but embarrassment and shame for its people on a daily basis. The primary objective of 99 percent of Nigerians is to get the hell out that God-forsaken country as fast as possible, and I cannot say that I am any different. We have brilliant academics, medics, etc. succeeding all throughout the world, but the country itself fails in all of these areas. No different than how we have hundreds of players making themselves rich from football in Europe and over the world but the country itself fails repeatedly. Countries like Iran have nothing in terms of player talent, but makes themselves competitive just through graft and organisation. It is not that difficult, ffs. I guess I am the fool for coming out here to watch them.

The performance was typical. Corners against Naija are like penalties against any other team and it has been this way for years. Every World Cup they concede multiple times from set pieces. Croatia didn't even have to bother creating any real chances for themselves for the Eagles to spread their legs. The attack was of course stilted, hesitant play in first gear despite being being one of the quicker teams in the tournament. I'll never understand it. Rubbish.

Sigh ... we can't even enjoy something we all love as a country. Ah, well.

At least any expectations can just be thrown aside going forward now. It's whatever.

Mikel is doing alright. At least he can control a ball to some degree. Moses should never see that pitch for the national team again after the nonsense he has now pulled in two consecutive World Cups.

Mikel was good, but he suffered with no support of him in the middle. Etebo and Ndidi tended to stay deep.

If we play that setup I'd perhaps have him in a midfield two with Iheanacho number 10 off Ighalo, and then Musa in for Moses.

The midfield was good, but I really feel we need Ighalo, Iheanacho and Musa out there together somehow. Between those three I feel we will cause problems going forward.

So ultimately I think one of that central midfield three needs to be sacrificed.