Group G - Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England - BEL & ENG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lukaku is such a mobile striker and look so much more threatening when he's being played in and the ball is delivered to his feet when he is in space.

Mourinho it seems ism ore hell bent on transfroming him into Drogba. Having him by himself miles from the midfield and battlign defenders to hold up the ball and bring others in.

It's just not who he really is at all.

In the sense yes, but his movement off the ball isn't all that great. When he has space to run into he looks great, but he's not good at making movement off the ball to create space for his team mates. Which has always been my no 1 criticism of him, for example Harry Kane is significantly better at this and it's part of the reason why Spurs midfield excels so much.

Which is why i was so adamant about my opinion of him going years back, it's the one skillset which top teams require the most and it's the thing he struggles with the most. I'd argue that his technique ( which is what i see most people criticise) isn't even that bad really.

My comment was a generla one and not in response to you. I somewhat agree with you, his runs aren't always the greatest, but I think you continue to work with him on that, recognising that getting him the ball to his feet in space is where he is so dangerous.

I think the worst thing you can do with Lukaku is isolate him upfront and expect him to play with his back to goal right up against defenders, and then expect him to hold it up successfully and bring players in. In these instances his touch lets him down more often than not and he isn't able to secure the ball.

More often than not though, that is the situation Mourinho puts him in.

Great goal Eden Hazard, and another DeBruyne special delivery.

Another timely reminder that Mourinho had the pair of them with him at Chelsea and did nothing with it ...

Another timely reminder that Mourinho had the pair of them with him at Chelsea and did nothing with it ...

Won the league the season after selling de Bruyne

Belgium don't look great defensively

No idea why they are playing Witsel and De Bruyne as two CMs tbh, can see a better team exploiting that.

Aye, De Bruyne wanders forward a lot in there

Won the league the season after selling de Bruyne

And threw away Chelsea's future.

DeBruyne is 26, Hazard is 27 and Lukaku is 25 man. Oh and Salah is 26 ...

Not a clever trade off at all.

Weird sub when Michy is on the bench.

Shutting up shop in midfield. Pushed DeBruyne further forward.

Michy will come on later for Hazard, DeBruyn or Mertens I would imagine.

Beating the little teams isn’t going to be where anyone wins the World Cup. Belgium on paper have the beat squad and if they click I can’t see anyone stopping them. Coming up against bigger teams is another question for them though, and they are similar to many England teams gone by. For example would they be able to Germany in the quarter or semi final?

We're going to win the fucking World Cup.

Ummm ... you weren't invited buddy.

Ummmm I'm Flemish as shit, pal.

Creased at "Flemish as shit, pal" [emoji38]