THIRDPLACE-O-METER

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been a good summer so far, reminds me of 96 , constant sun, team doing well , country generally happy for once

Minus the good football.

Not been awful, some drama, a big win, if we play well against Sweden will change that

Been a good summer so far, reminds me of 96 , constant sun, team doing well , country generally happy for once

Minus the good football.

Not been awful, some drama, a big win, if we play well against Sweden will change that

it's been crap football, wake up.

Drama is great, yeah - but what does it mean in the context of winning it? Nothing.

If England play at the same level again, and Sweden too, Sweden will win.

Minus the good football.

Drama is great, yeah - but what does it mean in the context of winning it? Nothing.

Ok well only time will tell. Winnings a first penalty shoot out in the World Cup after a last minute sucker punch does mean something though will add character to the team

Minus the good football.

Ok well only time will tell. Winnings a first penalty shoot out in the World Cup after a last minute sucker punch does mean something though will add character to the team

Certainly can't fault the character, no.

It's been so long since i've had this much fun with England.

Let's be honest. The team isn't very good. But they have an excellent opportunity to do well. I'm just enjoying the excitement. The country is in a great mood.

You don't have to win the World Cup to enjoy it. The quality of football... England wise.. barely matters.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of our vans today jumping on the England bandwagon...

http://i68.tinypic.com/2rqmx6f.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/hsuhsl.jpg

Was working in Blackpool and had to nip to a hardware shop for some black bags and they had all kinds of England stuff and red tape as well, I was actually looking for masking tape, sadly they only had two rolls in stock so I ran out of tape for the other side :lol:

Loads of beeps, thumbs up etc. on the 150 mile drive home.

Nearly shit when in traffic a huge lorry beeped and the driver almost leaned into our window shouting come on England. I have to say since the tournament working all over various parts of England I can’t say I’ve seen the Nation this involved for many a tournament, certainly not during the Euros and South Africa.

Hopefully I haven’t jinxed us and did feel a tad hypocritical given my stance on the St George’s cross on social media over the years, but I’m a football fan and not some fake one either so fuck it!

Mind that van is in Wales and Scotland in the next week or so...

Interesting I've found the Welsh at work are getting behind us, obviously the Scots aren't.

Guest Howaythetoon

Interesting I've found the Welsh at work are getting behind us, obviously the Scots aren't.

Never had a problem with either, but maybe that’s because I’m a Geordie. A lot of Scots seem to hate the English, almost mackem like how they are with us in their bitterness and bile.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: what part of wales? valleys or normal?

Swansea and Cardiff... :D

We do a lot of work in Wales since we started covering the area, beautiful country in parts and great people who don’t seem to have any ill feel feeling towards the English unlike lots of Scots and seem to like us Geordies, but in those two particular cities the radge element seem anti English, but then when we mention Wales it’s sheep shagger this or country bumpkins whatever that means.

Guest firetotheworks

Right, balls out of the bath on this one. I think if we beat Sweden...it's approaching home

It's so mad, man. Because we're really not very good, but everything has just been so good for us. We're not bad, so if we're disciplined and energetic, and we've had such an easy route, we're semi final/final material on our side of the draw. We're so short on creativity, Kane is by far and away our best player. I suppose Sterling is next best and he's fucking miles off Kane. I might be wrong, but this is, imo, our worst individual side I can remember. Yet we have a very realistic chance of getting to the final. All that said, if everyone performs 100% and we nail it when needed, we can be shit hot. It's the craziest fucking team, man.

I'm in. So regardless of everything else, thanks to those involved for that. Because I haven't been since 96, and I was 11.

We've had much worse individually talented teams since the "golden era"  IMO, easy to forget how much trash we've had since 2006.

I just think that says how much we can accomplish when we actually perform as a team though tbh, I can't remember the last time we had a team which actually plays like a team should.

The complaints for years were why don't we play like a PL team, why don't players play like they do for their clubs?

Well this one for the most part does and I'm personally ecstatic about it.

We've had much worse individually talented teams since the "golden era"  IMO, easy to forget how much trash we've had since 2006.

I just think that says how much we can accomplish when we actually perform as a team though tbh, I can't remember the last time we had a team which actually plays like a team should.

The complaints for years were why don't we play like a PL team, why don't players play like they do for their clubs?

Well this one for the most part does and I'm personally ecstatic about it.

Not to be antagonistic, but just to jog my memory, which team would you say was worse?

In the PL anyway... Sterling is good at running in a very good team. Alli is good like 30% of the time and a cunt. Lingard is very much a form player with limited ability, Henderson is our "creator". Trippier plays second fiddle to a player playing in this team out of position (both have done very well, mind) Stones is primarily a liability with potential at 24. Fucking Harry Maguire. Ashley Young, man. And our best keeper is effectively unproven, but of course because of his age. There's really not much in the way of collective individual talent, imo.

Minus the good football.

Alreet Grumpy [emoji38]