THIRDPLACE-O-METER

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Because I just can't see a good enough reason to quantify it in such a way. Say Switzerland thrash Sweden 4-0. Brazil edge past Mexico on pens. Who would I rather play? Well the answer isn't all that definitive & clear to me in such a scenario. So without knowing things such as form, which requires fresh judgement on a game-to-game basis, there's no such thing as an easier side to me.

I get where you're coming from, but think about how the Swedes must be looking at this world cup now over if they were in the other side of the pot. Arguably the worse side on this side and they'll rightfully be thinking they have a genuinely decent chance of making the final.

Because I just can't see a good enough reason to quantify it in such a way. Say Switzerland thrash Sweden 4-0. Brazil edge past Mexico on pens. Who would I rather play? Well the answer isn't all that definitive & clear to me in such a scenario. So without knowing things such as form, which requires fresh judgement on a game-to-game basis, there's no such thing as an easier side to me.

I get where you're coming from, but think about how the Swedes must be looking at this world cup now over if they were in the other side of the pot. Arguably the worse side on this side and they'll rightfully be thinking they have a genuinely decent chance of making the final.

Imagine it's Newcastle, and you get a choice between a route consisting of these teams to reach a final:

Route 1: Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Leicester, Arsenal & Wolverhampton

Route 2: Swansea, Crystal Palace, Everton, Brentford, Fulham, Derby & Liverpool

"I'd rather we got in Route 1" my ass.

Imagine it's Newcastle, and you get a choice between a route consisting of these teams to reach a final:

Route 1: Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Leicester, Arsenal & Wolverhampton

Brentford won 2-0 at the weekend so I'll take my chances with Chelsea thanks very much.

Doesn't work like that apparently, not comparable.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s anyones tournament, but I’d be licking my lips if I were Brazil or France, although they haven't been great themselves. It will come down to the team with the most talent spread out and we fall short of that. We can score goals, but I fear for our defence. France have a better defence than us, but conceded three. I worry about our mentality as well if we were to go a goal down or if it come to pens. Belgium for me could be the dark horse and Croatia despite their apparent not so good performance tonight have a nice blend in each area.

We can do it though, we just have to show no fear and not panic, if there are 20 minutes left at 0-0 just keep playing our game. We need the likes of Sterling or Rashford if he comes in to step up though and if Deli Ali is fit he has to show his talent as well because we can’t rely on Kane. We’ve been decent thus far and been a threat, but only one or two have played exceptionally well. Even Kane who is the top scorer, you can’t say he’s been great.

They've stopped using ketamine to put horses to sleep and now just read them HTT posts.

Also I hope your lot doesn't cock this up. Have to be at least co-favorites at this point

Wouldn't be any shame losing to Colombia tbh.

Still bite us in the arse that we didn't even try to finish first get Japan.

And it'd go down as a shite WC if we only beat Tunisia and Panama and then lose the only two decent teams we played

Aren't you Swedish?

English dad, always support England in football, and other sports as well.

Wouldn't be any shame losing to Colombia tbh.

Still bite us in the arse that we didn't even try to finish first get Japan.

And it'd go down as a shite WC if we only beat Tunisia and Panama and then lose the only two decent teams we played

Aren't you Swedish?

English dad, always support England in football, and other sports as well.

I’d call him a glory hunter, but I mean, yeah...

Guest Howaythetoon

They've stopped using ketamine to put horses to sleep and now just read them HTT posts.

Also I hope your lot doesn't cock this up. Have to be at least co-favorites at this point

That and they also make them watch the USA in WC action!

Sadly, unlike with my posts, they never wake up after watching the USA.

Horses for courses!

BBC headline: Are England now favourites to reach World Cup Final?

*sigh*

Well, I mean, we probably are. :lol:

We're joint favourites on our side of the draw to win it at 6/1 with the bookies, with Croatia only matching us on account of already being into the next round. There's really nothing wrong with that headline.

Horses for courses!

I've actively rooted against the US National Team for two decades. But you dissed our chicken so now you're on a list :lol:

Guest neesy111

Horses for courses!

I've actively rooted against the US National Team for two decades. But you dissed our chicken so now you're on a list :lol:

Poor HTT.

No they don't [emoji38] England have beaten Panama and Tunisia and haven't won a knockout game in a tournament in 12 years

Guest firetotheworks

at this point.

This point being a World Cup with no Spain, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Holland.

at this point.

This point being a World Cup with no Spain, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Holland.

Yeah it's certainly opened up for them but not enough to be favourites or co favourites

No they don't [emoji38] England have beaten Panama and Tunisia and haven't won a knockout game in a tournament in 12 years

Aye, England aren't favourites or even second favourites like. Which might work in their favour tbf.

...but let's get passed Colombia first ffs  :lol: They're twice the side of Tunisia and England made bloody hard work of that for the most part.