Alassane Pléa

Disco

There is so many ‘news’ stories coming our today about him. Other reports from today say that his preference is a move to Germany.

I don’t think anyone knows what’s going on with him, or his agent/club are spinning things so he gets a better deal and others enter a bidding war over him.

I know it's probably clutching at straws and that story is one we've heard so many times, us not moving "quick enough", but that article reads like pure conjecture and assumptions.

"Newcastle haven't made a bid yet, therefore Tottenham are now favourites. They're in the Champions League y'knar."

I know it's probably clutching at straws and that story is one we've heard so many times, us not moving "quick enough", but that article reads like pure conjecture and assumptions.

"Newcastle haven't made a bid yet, therefore Tottenham are now favourites. They're in the Champions League y'knar."

Aye, I can just imagine Levy is sitting there going ‘Right, we’ll give Newcastle and other clubs up until July the 6th to sign Plea. If they don’t then we are in for him’.

No clue.

Apparently Rafa won't okay the sale of Mitro until a replacement is brought in. We've bid £20m for this lad. They want £27m. I don't understand how it's so fucking difficult. We've got £10m coming in from the Merino sale. Just bid what they want ffs.

Getting wound up again. :lol: God sake.

It's not the haggling, it's the speed of it. Surely you have an idea of how far you can go? Ok, they won't take 20m, will they come down on 27? Can we go up to 22m? Perhaps a middle ground of 24m. If we can't do that, perhaps add ons will swing it.

Why does it take us a week to "have a think," as if we are the ones in the driving seat.

If he's out of our price range, move on, if he's not, get the fucking thing done.

It's not the haggling, it's the speed of it. Surely you have an idea of how far you can go? Ok, they won't take 20m, will they come down on 27? Can we go up to 22m? Perhaps a middle ground of 24m. If we can't do that, perhaps add ons will swing it.

Why does it take us a week to "have a think," as if we are the ones in the driving seat.

If he's out of our price range, move on, if he's not, get the fucking thing done.

Could be the other side waiting to see if there are any offers closer to their asking price. They're not advertising him in the Chronicle, £27m ono.

The one thing I will say, the Chronicle seem to be pushing this one and aren't being overly negative about our chance. It suggests to me that Ryder has been given indications Newcastle are fairly confident.

Moves that get talked about this much never seem to happen for us anyway. If it's not completed within a few days of it appearing in the press it's pretty much game over.

The Kenedy deal must be fucking dead now then.

I don't know why Rafa bothers with an A, B or C list of targets. Should use the whole set the coursework deadline 2 weeks before its acutally due trick and put his top targest on the D list. Might actually get a few then.

The 'we tried' retoric is so transparent and predictable its embarrasing at this point.

We were never getting a bargain Plea.