Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

48 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Good read. Good player. This time last year I was hoping we'd spend big on an upgrade on him but I'd be sad to see him drop out the XI now. He ran himself into the ground at the wrong time as he was a massive miss against Villa. He can't be too far down the pecking order for getting the armband if he's still doing the business for us in a few years time.

He doesn't strike me as a leader.

43 minutes ago, Paully said:

Love this bit!

Benitez on Longstaff: “I’m very, very happy to see Sean doing so well. He was my target when I was at Everton, but fortunately we didn’t do it…”

“We have a really good relationship,” Longstaff says of Benitez. “He still texts me every couple of weeks and he’s someone I respect massively, someone I’ll always be grateful to for seeing something in me. I was on a plane ready to go to Portsmouth on loan and he stopped it happening and kept me around. Rafa and the manager now are the people I owe most to in my career. If it wasn’t for those two, I don’t know where I’d be.”

That was great. He also had some really big praise for Howe as well, not hard to see how some of our not so great players have doubled in value under his coaching when you read the interview.

51 minutes ago, Paully said:

Love this bit!

Benitez on Longstaff: “I’m very, very happy to see Sean doing so well. He was my target when I was at Everton, but fortunately we didn’t do it…”

“We have a really good relationship,” Longstaff says of Benitez. “He still texts me every couple of weeks and he’s someone I respect massively, someone I’ll always be grateful to for seeing something in me. I was on a plane ready to go to Portsmouth on loan and he stopped it happening and kept me around. Rafa and the manager now are the people I owe most to in my career. If it wasn’t for those two, I don’t know where I’d be.”

Really wish there was a way for Rafa & Howe to co-exist and prosper at the club at the same time.

Bet Lascelles still hears "man on" while walking the halls of the training ground ?

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Rafa staying in touch with our players what a class act he is. Meanwhile Howe talking to Longstaff more in first month than bruce did in 2 years. What a fucking dope. 

I think only Alan Pardew and Bruce could make me more ashamed of being a Newcastle fan than the Joe Kinnear era. Honestly thought that bloke was sound compared to those two. At least he was suffering from dementia.

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

Really wish there was a way for Rafa & Howe to co-exist and prosper at the club at the same time.

Bet Lascelles still hears "man on" while walking the halls of the training ground ?

Ha ha ha and agree about your first line especially as he brought Amanda to the NUFC table!

Evening everyone, I hope you’re doing well. I’ve just done a short video detailing Sean Longstaff’s resurgence in form and how he’s gone from almost being sold to Everton to becoming a lynchpin in Eddie Howe’s midfield for those interested. I found his revelations about mental health struggles to be brave and inspirational in equal measure and wish both him and Newcastle nothing but the very best moving forward.

No idea if this a reputable source or not. But that’s far from ideal for the run in. Think we could get away with it today. But against the likes of Arsenal and Brighton. We could really do with him. Covers Trippier so well and almost plays right wing, at times.