Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

not quite sure what that means or if it even makes any sense.

Burnsie/MouthOfTheTyne says it's not a break, so in typical fashion, Sean has a broken ankle/foot

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Marriner needs to be finished like, along with all the VAR freaks from the other day 

Wouldn’t necessarily blame Marriner as it was so late, possible to miss in real time, but if VAR can’t see it, what’s the fucking point?

Just now, SteV said:

Wouldn’t necessarily blame Marriner as it was so late, possible to miss in real time, but if VAR can’t see it, what’s the fucking point?

The Marriner mention is no doubt biased by how awful his performance was all match long 

A huge part of me wants Longstaff to be future club captain. Even if he's part of the squad, I'm a nostalgic person and love the idea of a geordie captain waltzing about in midfield.

Just now, STM said:

A huge part of me wants Longstaff to be future club captain. Even if he's part of the squad, I'm a nostalgic person and love the idea of a geordie captain waltzing about in midfield.

We are blessed with captaincy possibilities. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wildcard but could Gordon play the Longstaff role? Think he's got the physical and technical attributes, would just take a bit of tactical coaching. 

Sure I read he’s played there/can play there. Didn’t Ancelotti see that as his best potential role? Might be hoping he said that! [emoji38]

here it is:

He told the Times in June 2020: “First of all, he has a lot of technical skills. He can combine this with a good physical condition and resistance and so I think he has no problem to play as a midfielder. 

"I put him, when he started to train with us, on the left side. He did really well, but I also think he can play as a No 10. In the final third, he has a lot of ability”

Edited by PauloGeordio

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wildcard but could Gordon play the Longstaff role? Think he's got the physical and technical attributes, would just take a bit of tactical coaching. 

Certainly looks better suited to the role than Anderson, who’s been deployed in the midfield 3 a few times.

43 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He'll be a miss but I think his absence at Villa was overplayed and we'll be fine as long as none of our other CMs pick up knocks... 

Didn't help that nee1 else turned up either. 

If Joe and Bruno are on their game we shouldn't miss him too badly. 

Thinking back to the tackle that crocked him. What is the law around that?

Seems like if the ball goes off for a goal kick. Then it’s open season for defenders to do whatever the fuck they like. As it was clearly a foul and a yellow. But they never seem to get given in those situations.