Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Marriner needs to be finished like, along with all the VAR freaks from the other day 

Everton were over the top in their challenges from the start as dickhead Marriner let them do what they wanted. Inevitable something like this would happen.

15 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Thinking back to the tackle that crocked him. What is the law around that?

Seems like if the ball goes off for a goal kick. Then it’s open season for defenders to do whatever the fuck they like. As it was clearly a foul and a yellow. But they never seem to get given in those situations. 

Can't be foul play if the ball's not in play, but can still be a card for reckless/dangerous/violent.

2 hours ago, DahnSahf said:

Can't be foul play if the ball's not in play, but can still be a card for reckless/dangerous/violent.

Is that right?  I'm sure we've seen pens given for example when there's been someone thrown to the ground before the corner is taken. 

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

Is that right?  I'm sure we've seen pens given for example when there's been someone thrown to the ground before the corner is taken. 

Nah, if they punched you in the face they'd get a red card, but you'd still be left waiting for the corner. 🙂

The ball doesn't have to be in the area though, just in play, so you can get a pen while it's on its way from the corner.

Edited by DahnSahf
Grammar (rogue apostrophe).

Insane how essential this lad has become to our midfield.  Far play - excuse me whilst I go and eat some humble pie. I was totally wrong about him. 

Lads class Rafa recognised that and Brucey almost destroyed the lad. Still think the Mancs we’re prepared to pay 30 plus for him that summer on Carracks recommendation.

I think there’s more to come lad is growing in confidence and will be essential to plans going forward with more matches in Europe.

10 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think his lack of presence is pretty overrated but it was pretty staggering a few times today where Xhaka just ran off Joelinton with ease.

It's down to lack of options and having no one capable of doing what he does rather than him or his absence being overrated.