Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Imagine at the start of the season thinking Sean Longstaff's availability would be crucial to us securing Champions League football, you'd have had to delete yourself from the internet had you expressed those thoughts.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Longstaff's absence has illustrated two things: first, how vital he is to the way we play (as a player he's obviously not in Bruno's class - few are - but his tidiness on the ball and engine are first class); and second, why the McTominay links were so strong for so long.  I can 100% see why Howe would be interested in a player like McTominay to provide direct competition for Longstaff - we're going to need two players for each position who can play Howe-ball.  And I'm also aware that some will be reading that last sentence and somewhat disagree :) 

In an ideal world we'd sign Rice and Longstaff would be the direct competition to Rice.

Not much chance of that happening though, sadly.

11 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Imagine at the start of the season thinking Sean Longstaff's availability would be crucial to us securing Champions League football, you'd have had to delete yourself from the internet had you expressed those thoughts.

So weird. Was going make almost that exact same post this morning 🙂👍🏻

There were some on here who didn't even want his contract renewed last summer. I was always a defender of Longstaff but never really expected him to become an ever present the way he has done.

Even if he becomes a squad player rather than first choice over next couple of years I think it's huge to have players in and around the squad who are from the area and have a direct emotional investment in the club.

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

There were some on here who didn't even want his contract renewed last summer. I was always a defender of Longstaff but never really expected him to become an ever present the way he has done.

Even if he becomes a squad player rather than first choice over next couple of years I think it's huge to have players in and around the squad who are from the area and have a direct emotional investment in the club.

His engine is immense 👍🏻

13 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Wrong thread but an even better one is "NUFC will finally get their Champion's League bid back on track when they put Jacob Murphy in the first team" :lol: Would've been bonkers in October.

8 minutes ago, 80 said:

Wrong thread but an even better one is "NUFC will finally get their Champion's League bid back on track when they put Jacob Murphy in the first team" :lol: Would've been bonkers in October.

Search his thread up after the Sheffield Wednesday game. I was definitely guilty. 👀

EDIT: https://newcastle-online.org/topic/32157-jacob-murphy/page/122/

🤣

Edited by CPL

A tireless dynamo of a player, a real no frills, steady and reliable solid cornerstone, does all the donkey work with precision and sets up others to do what they do best. Nothing fancy but we're lost without his tenacity, athleticism and ability to turn defence into attack.

On 01/02/2023 at 09:46, Nine said:

He’ll be around this side for years imo, sort of our Darren Fletcher but better 

Now he’s been out of the side for a few games I can safely say I did him dirty by saying this, he’s better than that.