Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There’s been nothing to suggest Gallagher could play as a 6; he had one class season at Palace and hasn’t done fuck all for Chelsea. 

If history is owt to go by one bad season at that shit hole is nothing to go by.

22 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There’s been nothing to suggest Gallagher could play as a 6; he had one class season at Palace and hasn’t done fuck all for Chelsea. 

Don't think anyone is suggesting he play number 6? 

But to the other point, I wouldn't pay attention to how he's performing in an underperforming side. We more than anyone else should know not to write off players based on their performances in a shite team

Genuinely,  whats the big deal with Gallagher? I've never been that impressed...

I get the Madison shouts, I get the Rice shouts, I even liked Phillips at Leeds, but Gallagher's done nowt to warrant the England calls he's had.

If anything it highlights the fact Willock and Longstaff should be knocking on the door for England, if his performances for Chelsea are the bench mark.

If we get top 4 we should break the fucking bank for Bellingham. (said partly tongue in cheek) :) or go abroad.

36 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Genuinely,  whats the big deal with Gallagher? I've never been that impressed...

I get the Madison shouts, I get the Rice shouts, I even liked Phillips at Leeds, but Gallagher's done nowt to warrant the England calls he's had.

If anything it highlights the fact Willock and Longstaff should be knocking on the door for England, if his performances for Chelsea are the bench mark.

If we get top 4 we should break the fucking bank for Bellingham. (said partly tongue in cheek) :) or go abroad.

I'd rather our scouting team put a bit of effort in and found someone decent outside of lazily looking at England outliers like Rice, Mount, Madison, Phillips. Get creative and find another Bruno, or even another Big Jo. 

Swapping Longstaff for Gallagher would be madness in my opinion, there's not much between them as players. Gallagher seems to have a better nack of scoring goals, outside of that though im not sure what else he goes that's better than Longstaff. They both get caught on the ball at times, and Longstaff covers more ground, is happy playing the role, keeps things simple and the ball moving, picks out some lovely passes and is also a local lad that fully gets it and will always give everything 

Sean is one of the many reasons we're 3rd, his improvement under Eddie has been brilliant and if he continues to improve getting rid of him is madness.

We add a player alongside him for rotation and competition, not to replace him, that may push him on more. Aye the team might out grow him, but that's nowhere near yet.

10 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Sean is one of the many reasons we're 3rd, his improvement under Eddie has been brilliant and if he continues to improve getting rid of him is madness.

We add a player alongside him for rotation and competition, not to replace him, that may push him on more. Aye the team might out grow him, but that's nowhere near yet.

Here here so underrated and consistent, would keep him all day over somebody like McTominay. Bleeds black and white will be vital to our success going forward.

He's proven he can make 25-30 starts in a top end side, why are we even talking about getting rid? :lol:

We may well sign competition that means he plays more of a squad role but there's nowt wrong with that. He's reliable and has so many good attributes, I don't think Eddie will want rid unless we get a mental offer in.

The way some people go on about him is absurd: he's a consistent starter in a team pushing for Champions League football without disgracing himself.

More importantly than that, if we're going to end up some galactico juggernaut crushing everything ahead of us, wouldn't it be nice to do it with at least one lad out the academy? Particularly given that the academy has been absolute dog dirt for about thirty years?

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

I really doubt Longstaff would have made a difference to outcome of the game, we were off it all over the pitch.

I think we would have lost as we were shit all over but we looked so unbalanced. Longstaff knows his job and does it and that alone would have made us better today IMO

4 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I really doubt Longstaff would have made a difference to outcome of the game, we were off it all over the pitch.

I think it was worth trying this midfield, but now with hindsight he would've made quite a significant difference imo. Trippier was badly exposed, didn't have the same passes available and Bruno needs someone to drop in for him when he goes wandering, which just didn't happen today.

Edited by Smal

Just now, Zero said:

I am not saying we must start him every game, but then seems someone need to do his job when we are not playing him. Something was obviously broken today

He's crucial, it seems. We do need to go out and buy the best DMC we can get our hands on though. 

Ugarte. Make it happen, Amanda.

5 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Longstaff is the sort of player you don't really notice when he's playing, but he cuts so much out and covers a lot of ground. We missed him massively today.

Was just about to post this same thing. He never seems to stand out or get much praise, but we clearly missed something in the middle today.