Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I think the main thing we could do improve is get the players who lack technical ability and make the most mistakes out of the team. Even just giving the ball away about 5 less times would be worth a hell of a lot. Unfortunately Sean is one of the main culprits. 

21 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i like him. granted he's not had the best season.

but watching all his interviews, its quite clear there's a sense of "imposter syndrome" in his psyche.

really not the most confident fella.

I think that's fairly evident for most folk. Sadly a percentage of most folk think being a daft cunt towards him will somehow help that

Being "one of our own" and "lives for the club" has a fairy tale element to it. According to what is portrayed he lives at the place goes to the development team games etc and is living the dream at the club he loves. 

Unfortunately for me all that love and character is his best quality. In terms of football terms we have been carrying him, the desire for him to do good is just not going to happen he isn't a 20 year old kid coming through he is a senior pro. I would love a local element or at least an academy prospect getting games for the club for years to come but they have to be worth the time on the pitch. 

If he had of not been local and signed for an actual fee I don't think he would get such an easy ride. 

Edited by nufcjmc

1 hour ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

God damn. Just went back and looked at some of the Fantasy Football skits of Jason Lee. So fucking cringeworthy now.

Only took that absolute cancer/wanker Baddiel about 30-odd years to apologise

He probably has imposter syndrome because he’s technically dreadful and he’s playing with the likes of Isak and Bruno. 

Played to the absolute limit of his abilities last year and still wasn’t really good enough (see our performances when Bruno was out). 

Needs to go to a club where he’ll feel less like an imposter…

Sean Longstaff has had an undercurrent of shit for years. Not sure about this whole "easy ride" perception tbh. Doesn't wash with me. Dan Burn being tactically exposed to being left for dead this season too hasn't helped him. They don't get easy rides. They get an undercurrent of shit that flies under the radar for many but absolutely won't for them and me being me, I know how much that would hurt me. The protesting vs Ashley taught me that. The feeling of being alienated by people who you think are just like you, are with you, but aren't.

Edited by Heron

Good to have a few local lads in the squad but with Miley and Anderson there I do feel if we can get any sort of decent fee for Longstaff then we should take it.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be very tempted to play Anderson instead of him for a few games. 

Wouldn’t think twice, would do it on Tuesday 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be very tempted to play Anderson instead of him for a few games. 

Anderson might be a long way from the finished article but he has the confidence to go for it if given the opportunity. In contrast Longstaff always looks like he hopes the ball doesn't come his way.

The very best players once in a blue moon can shank a side-foot that he has a real penchant for, take their eyes off it for a split second, though it is the safer shot selection - the amount of unimpressive side-foots efforts in great goalscoring opportunities is unimpressive. Some will be down to confidence, suspect plenty isn't though

I'm not even that bothered by his poor finishing, find him getting into those spaces quite commendable 

It's the rest of his game that is a massive concern 

He's weak in the tackle, decision making is terrible, his touch is poor and his passing is shocking 

At the start of this season and last he was much better, hoping this is just the injury affecting him and he can get back to being an asset rather than the hindrance he currently is

Though, if offered anything north of £10m I'd take it 

The thing that irritates me the most, is he always tries to win cheap fouls by collapsing to the floor on the slightest contact and NEVER gets the decision. Yet he keeps trying.

Bruno does this very well, but Sean…. 

8 hours ago, TRon said:

Anderson might be a long way from the finished article but he has the confidence to go for it if given the opportunity. In contrast Longstaff always looks like he hopes the ball doesn't come his way.

Nope. He's always after the ball. Just off colour/limited in a team that's had to tough it out all season. Still does the runs, scored a few (but not enough) 

An example of his passion could be seen in the 1st half yesterday when he was giving Krafth pelters for not squaring to him when he got to their byline. 

Can see he's very frustrated with himself as well. Maybe that's affecting his confidence. 

Ps not suggesting passion is enough and he could be upgraded for a few quid. 

Edited by Groundhog63

The  bodies we now need to recruit mean we definitely need to sell to buy what's required unless we have loads of new sponsorships sitting in the wings. For all the players we would be gutted would have to go to make it happen for me Sean isn't one of them. 

Edited by nufcjmc

He doesn’t have the first idea what to do with the ball when we’re breaking quickly. Then when he does figure out what to do he fumbles the ball away. The technique is just not there, especially when the quality around him is poorer. He’s really only an asset in a team that bullies opponents relentlessly with the intense press. If we’re not doing that, he’s either anonymous or a net negative 

I really hope our director of football is foreign and has no sentimental attachment to players. It's painful watching Longstaff play. Idgaf about his work rate or him being a local lad.