Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

He had a second chance to do similar and messed it up.

It was Krafth, I initially thought it was Longstaff too but he was standing in midfield.

Just now, Pata said:

It was Krafth, I initially thought it was Longstaff too but he was standing in midfield.

Ah really? I’ve done the lad a disservice then 

I really like him from what I see of him as a person and would love nothing more than for him to do well, so I'm not saying this to be an arse or owt, but I remember earlier in the season talking on here about stats not meaning everything in the context of how Ginola changed everything in 95/96 and for a few months was the best I've ever seen. 

I don't know how my brain made this connection, but think about how people think of Ginola's season in 95/96 and Longstaff's season this season and then look at this. 

Ginola 95/96: 5 goals 

Longstaff 23/24: 7 goals

we finished in top 4 last season. and if it wasn’t for injuries we’d probably be finishing 5th or higher again this season. he’s been in the heart of the midfield all the way through .. he’s a fucking decent player imo 

Been playing through an ankle injury. 

He's clearly not the most gifted, but we've been lucky to have him available this season when other players haven't been. 

I look forward to seeing him injury free next season. He's clearly been below his best, but he gets given far too hard a time - especially on the BBC player rater functionality. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

I look forward to seeing him injury free next season. He's clearly been below his best, but he gets given far too hard a time - especially on the BBC player rater functionality. 

And the BBC rating is based on “ fans” clicking on line.

Get the impression it's probably some fat incel twat still  living with his mam at 35 giggling away to himself while he repeatedly presses “1” for two hours.

Probably the high point of his week.

Edited by Runner

When stats don't tell the whole story lol. Saw it posted as a reasonse to people calling for Elliot to be in the euro squad. 

image.thumb.png.fc816e406c11032b0e2f2fc437804138.png

Either way, Sean gets a shit load of harsh stick. Had he been able to have a rest and be rotated he wouldn't have looked as questionable imo. 

2 hours ago, MisterChamfer said:

Sean had very little input into those clean sheets, what an odd stat to put on a midfielder

You’re joking right!? He probably covered the most ground in a lot of those games. He defends that right area of the box so well and we concede very little goals from that side of the pitch. One of his primary roles is to help defend that area.

Bruno needs Longstaff or Joelinton to cover his space left behind. I think that’s pretty obvious

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Should have been 3. Cant believe he missed that header from 2 yards out

I just dont understand him. He makes intelligent runs in to the box. But he also often chooses the worst option or can’t hit the ball cleanly. And then there is moments of great play and then back to just falling over every time someone so much as breath in his direction.

He is quite confusing to say the least. And wasn’t the worst performer yesterday but the football brain just isn’t there it seems like, and then he just has a spark of luck. I don’t know man, I was a super OTT critic. But after really looking at his game I feel it’s like an overthinking issue, well that and being too slow technically with the ball. Either way, he won’t be starting much after this season and I think it will do him a world of good.

Appreciate the effort he's put in over the past couple of years but I can't wait for him not to be in the first XI again. It's not just the misses, inability to head the ball or find a simple final pass that were all on show tonight, it's basic stuff like not showing to receive the ball back after passing to a teammate rather than standing stationary like a gaumless fuck. Could not be further from the quality we need

I think by now we can see this is as good as Longstaff will become as a player. Score the odd goal and maybe once in a blue moon put in a decent game. To think we thought he was better than Declan Rice when he first came through :lol: 

Edited by 1892er

Dreadfully average player. You can see the other players don't give the ball to him when there's another player near him, because he doesn't look before receiving the ball and is completely incapable under pressure. He also never knows what to do with the ball when he gets it, and is powderpuff in every challenge. I'd sell immediately come summer. Miley and Anderson are already better than him technically and Anderson is stronger.

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

5th/6th choice CM being played due to injury and suspension, can't really get too upset about his mediocrity.

Partially true, although I suspect he is second choice right-sided CM based on selection at the start of the season. We're inundated with midfielders that Howe doesn't seem to want to play on that side for whatever reason. 

It's obvious he isn't good enough though, aye. You'd be going quite far down the table to find another team he'd play regularly for. 

7 minutes ago, 1892er said:

I think by now we can see this is as good as Longstaff will become as a player. Score the odd goal and maybe once in a blue moon put in a decent game. To think we thought he was better than Declan Rice when he first came through :lol: 

Who thought that? I thought he was technically more capable than Diame and Hayden, which he was, and a good grafter.
Mark Noble level tops.