Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I think Tonali still hasn't completely adapted to the PL either. From what I've seen, he often looks better for Italy. Might also be chemistry involved there. He needs to play as much as possible as long as he's playing fine, and then we can judge after some time.

Edited by Erikse

28 minutes ago, Nine said:

Longstaff was also a mainstay in the 4th season and was a massive part of the team last year, playing through injury while everyone else was already injured. Longstaff fit in very well with press. 

All of that is now irrelevant though, as system and  style have changed. And we have been poor, you can’t really argue that. But putting that down to Tonali starting over Longstaff is just silly as there is way more going on than that. The sample size of Tonali and the variables with the rest of the team/system changes make this debate a non starter. 

I agree with you. But just for clarity - I'm not putting the poor performances down to Tonali. I've said we've been playing better with Tonali just not getting wins in recent weeks.

Before reviewing the games (earlier in the thread) versus the Twitter statement - I was suggesting that selecting a winning team is more important than picking the best 11 players.