Fabian Schär

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

They both move their heads towards each other. Only one reacts like an absolute fanny. For me, if Schar gets a red, then Diaz should too.

Found that baffling by Shearer. Points out they both did it. Then his conclusion was the right decision had been made. 

Watching on match of the day they both go head to head. If Schar react slike Bereton Diaz what does the ref do? I reckon yellow card each for simulation. I know it's tough to write a law a bar by which something becomes violent conduct but that just makes everyone look ridiculous, and worst of all it makes everyone treat serious head injuries with a degree of skepticism. it is annoyign that with var they couldnt look at it and think no this is ridiculous and yellow card both sides for being dumb, it's not a thing that should impact a game so much. 

We have to appeal that surely?

And ask for an explanation about why Diaz only got a yellow when Schar got a red. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But 'moving a head' is not violent conduct, is it?

Not really but I would always expect that to be a red. Rarely is a football ‘headbutt’ ever really a headbutt (can’t think of ever seeing a headbutt being someone actually nutting someone  - it’s exactly what happened there (never known why footballers do that). Can talk about it as broader issue but Schar knows the reality he’s playing in. 

Edited by Superior Acuña

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Feel like this often happens at the start of the season where there are mad decisions that end up never happening again after a few weeks. Anyone saying that's a red card just hasn't watched football for a while, it's the sort of thing that's so often ignored, the players getting given a telling to, or results in a yellow for Diaz. 

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Not really but I would always expect that to be a red. Rarely is a football ‘headbutt’ ever really a headbutt (can’t think of ever seeing a headbutt being someone actually nutting someone  - it’s exactly what happened there (never known why footballers do that). Can talk about it as broader issue but Schar knows the reality he’s playing in. 

But by your reckoning they should both be sent off surely? They both move their heads together.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

But by your reckoning they should both be sent off surely? They both move their heads together.

Yes, I said that.

i mean I don’t think it’s really violent conduct, but followng how i know the rule is usually applied, yes they should both go off. (Plus an extra yellow for the initial push for him…)

As soon as both players decide to put their heads forward, which they stupidly did, either player has the ability to get the other one sent off by theatrically throwing themselves to the ground. 

In fact, and at the risk of defending Brereton, theatrically throwing yourself to the ground is the best defence against being sent off once you have got yourself into that situation.

Diaz did him, he set it all up and Schar walked straight into the trap. It's understandable and I'd probably have reacted the same myself but he's been playing this game a long time and needs to react better. Diaz is a piece of shit but he executed that perfectly from his pov. Push in the back to annoy him, straight in his face and waits for the reaction, Schar bites and he drops like a sack of shit. Bet he's practised that scenario a hundred times. Unfortunately Schar bit and we lose him for another 3 games plus the hour today. Diaz will do it again as he's got little else to offer his team technically 

47 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Ever heard of Zinedine Zidane? 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Schar didn't really fall into any trap though. He did almost nothing and got cheated by a cheat. 

He reacted to the shove. It's not a biggy and it's totally understandable but fronting up gave Diaz the chance to act up and get him a red. Massive self-control needed but staying down a few more seconds or walking away prevents the red. Not slating the bloke but his immediate reaction to the shove (and diaz's oscar performance) got him sent off

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

If Schar goes down like Diaz does he escapes with a yellow. 

Looking at that its ridicolous that only Schär got the red. 

Either none, only Diaz or both should have gotten the red.

Schär definitely tilts his head aswell, so not blameless.

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Anyone who thinks Schar is in the wrong is an absolute fanny tbh.

Guy fucking cheap shots Schar from behind and people act like he's supposed to just smile and carry on.

It's a physical, emotional sport. You should be entitled to stand up for yourself to some extent and in no way, shape or form was what Schar did in any way dangerous for Diaz.

Incredible that they've got things wrong to the point that they have video replay on place and THAT can be reviewed and held up as a red.

You think Eddie is an absolute fanny?

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It is if it's done in an aggressive manner. I would say both of them were doing it and one then play acting to get the other sent off, which is why it should have been yellows for both now i've seen multiple replays. There's no real violent actions or much aggression, no real pushing of the heads from either of them.

6 minutes ago, Displayname said:

You think Eddie is an absolute fanny?

Eddie is always diplomatic in the media.

I'd be amazed if once he's seen that he holds it against Fab.

Do we get annoyed with a defender for giving the referee a decision to make when he's standing near an attacker who dives to win a penalty?

He was cheated by a scumbag player, a shite referee and a video replay system that isn't fit for purpose.