Fabian Schär

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Eddie is always diplomatic in the media.

I'd be amazed if once he's seen that he holds it against Fab.

Do we get annoyed with a defender for giving the referee a decision to make when he's standing near an attacker who dives to win a penalty?

He was cheated by a scumbag player, a shite referee and a video replay system that isn't fit for purpose.

Eddie is not going out saying players shouldnt go in like that if he didnt mean it. Its not diplomatic "blaming" your own player if you dont mean it, its weak.

Ofcourse he is not going to hold it against him, im not going to either. But provoked or not, it was a stupid involvement that he will have to learn from.

I think we're getting caught between what we now accept and what is a red card. What was more violent,  the shove from Brereton Diaz, after the ball was already dead or Schar pushing his head into the others, don't call it a headbutt, it wasn't ? But now "thats a red" why ? Under which rule, if that was the level of violent conduct necessary for a red then 4 or 5 should have been sent off in the resulting melee.

The more I watch the incident, the more it looks like a prearranged plan.  "Clatter Schar, get in his face, see if you can get him to react and, when he does, milk it for all you can."

Pawson had already blown for a foul near the halfway line and everyone including Diaz knew it. Schar was basically just retrieving the ball. Diaz barges into him, hard, when he's not expecting or braced for contact. On the close-up you can see that when Schar is on the ground, Diaz leans over him and evidently says something. (If he'd spat on him I'm sure we would have heard about it.) When Schar understandably moves towards Diaz to respond, Diaz stands his ground when the natural reaction would be to take a step back, and then leans in so that Schar's forehead makes contact.  And down he goes. Reckon he'd probably rehearsed the whole performance.

12 hours ago, gbandit said:

I don’t have an issue with it being red either. Any head movement close just gives the ref no option but Diaz’s reaction is so pathetic that I hope someone snaps him soon 

Just seen one  angle where the hairy faced, groomed-yeti, fella actually had the  bare (hair?) faced cheek to pivot/move his head the final couple of inches into the handsome fella’s forehead.
If anyone looked closely at that we’d have a chance of it being over turned. Basically Yeti not only feigned being hurt, he actually made the head contact happen. 

That’s not a secret that Schar, Bruno and Joe are relatively easy to be triggered. It’s planned. Before the Schar incident I felt that they were trying to trigger Bruno.

Would be a big miss. Fortunately looks like Kelly is quality. 

My favourite bit from today apart from the whistle at the end and the goal, was Sean longstaff becoming a god for absolutely bulldozing that Neanderthal into row Z and everybody in the milburn celebrating it like a goal. If schar was watching he'd probably have celebrated that in the same way. Terrible injustice when a cheat is rewarded especially when the cheat has first exhibited violent behaviour.

I don't care what the rules say, it is the referees responsibility to control the game and he couldn't. He wasn't quick enough to deal with incident's, he was just strolling around allowing players to provoke further skirmishes 

Seen it for the first time. Only thing that goes slightly against Schar is he's the one that approaches Brereton. Every right to be pissed off for the shove but should know better.

Agree with @kocunarin that you could easily give Brereton a second yellow for playacting too. 

If they both get yellows it never gets talked about again. Woeful refereeing from a woeful referee, who brought the entire situation on with his lack of control of the game and his lack of control of the moments leading up to the flashpoint.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

If they both get yellows it never gets talked about again. Woeful refereeing from a woeful referee, who brought the entire situation on with his lack of control of the game and his lack of control of the moments leading up to the flashpoint.

Hes a fucking useless referee isn’t he. Never ever has control of games so these situations happen.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

It would barely make the MoTD highlights.   Not one commentator would be saying he was lucky to avoid a red

9 hours ago, Cf said:

Found that baffling by Shearer. Points out they both did it. Then his conclusion was the right decision had been made. 

It felt like he was quite careful and deliberate in his wording. I'm sure he said he thought it was a red whilst pointing out that Diaz head moved forward too, leading you to join the dots on what he thought the overall decision should have been.

42 minutes ago, Paully said:

I saw this after 2 replays at the time. What the fuck is the point in VAR if it doesn’t pick stuff like this up?

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Still pisses me off so much Diazs charge on Schär. It's such a fucking cunts move, the whistle had gone ages before it. 

He didn't even get booked for it, did he? It was appalling; completely charged him over whilst he was blindsided.

Eddie should fine Schar a couple of weeks wages for being a complete Richard.

You can't lead with the heed then look surprised when you get sent off, regardless of how bad the decision was.

But Diaz should also consider  joining his local theatre to further his acting career, what a cheating melt.

Just now, GeordieToon said:

Eddie should fine Schar a couple of weeks wages for being a complete Richard.

You can't lead with the heed then look surprised when you get sent off, regardless of how bad the decision was.

But Diaz should also consider  joining his local theatre to further his acting career, what a cheating melt.

:bob:

6 hours ago, madras said:

I think we're getting caught between what we now accept and what is a red card. What was more violent,  the shove from Brereton Diaz, after the ball was already dead or Schar pushing his head into the others, don't call it a headbutt, it wasn't ? But now "thats a red" why ? Under which rule, if that was the level of violent conduct necessary for a red then 4 or 5 should have been sent off in the resulting melee.

If Schar hadn't reacted, then Diaz would have been the one in the spotlight - although I agree that sort of violence seems to get overlooked in football for some reason. Schar just got played and he has put us in a bad situation with this 3 game ban.

1 hour ago, BergenMagpie said:

Embarrassing that some people on here thought that's a red

100%. Diaz charges it Fabs in the back after the whistle - and Fabs looks shocked as he wasn't expecting it.  That in itself is a yellow for me to Diaz, then when he charges at Fab (and it's 50:50) that's another yellow for Diaz (now a Red) and a yellow of Fab.  The wrong person got sent off.

1 hour ago, kocunar said:

In my opinion Diaz should get two yellows, one for the shove and one for the dive. 

Schar shouldnt have gotten anything. 

And a red for moving his head, apparently. 2 yellows and a direct red on top of it.

Yellow card for Diaz for taking a player out after the whistle has gone. 

Yellow card for Schar for squaring up to a player. 

Yellow card for Diaz for squaring up to a player. Potentially a red card for initiating head contact. 

Yellow card for Diaz for simulation. 

Given the footage of Diaz actually initiating the contact id be amazed if we don't appeal and get this overturned. I'd want an explanation for why VAR didn't sort it out too.