Fabian Schär

On 09/08/2024 at 02:59, Pata said:

Sport magazine in Finland released their 'legendary' season preview. They had us at 8th stating lower Euro places are the best we can hope for and money can't buy success.

Also said about Schär that he's really strong in duels and winning aerial balls but struggles badly with the ball at his feet. Seriously, what the fuck? Has that journalist ever watched us? Complete opposite is the truth and it's not like our fabulous Swiss CB is new to the league. Thank god I was able to read our page on my parents and not give money to these cunts like I usually do.

Wish I could send that clip to whoever wrote that garbage. :lol:

Just now, Nine said:

A huge plus with him back, we need a CB who can use the ball on the field at all times.. 

In an attacking sense we’ve been (overly) reliant on his, and Trippier’s, out balls. Great to have him back but we’re still in transition possession/attacking wise. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

In an attacking sense we’ve been (overly) reliant on his, and Trippier’s, out balls. Great to have him back but we’re still in transition possession/attacking wise. 

The signing of Kelly (not for his attacking ability but defensive) at LB and Tonalis integration will push us on in this sense, however under Howe in this system we will always need to use CBs who can play 

Edited by Nine

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Not sure what's funnier in that video - Murphy's absolute bewilderment at his own finish or Longstaff's attempt to kick a ball.

The first is funny, the second piss boiling but you’ve got to laugh.

Edited by PauloGeordio

Copied my post from the Barnes thread.

Without Schar, we lose that game and not just cause he scored. On a few occasions, he would just ping it cross field to Barnes and we would be on the front foot. 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This lad has dug us out of a lot of shit in his time 

Has an intangible quality. He’s just class and has been the best player we’ve had since Eddie took over.